Truck Breaks?

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

On my 99 silverado a spring came off the rear e breaks. I see the spring sits over a post on one end but needs a small clip for the other to rest on. Of course I cant find the clip. Would the auto parts store have something like that for suck a old vehicle?

Second question is the parking brakes are not in-gauged but the light keeps blinking on the dash and a warning beeper keeps going off. Any way to turn this off until I find the parts and get this fixed?

Third question. Anyone selling a good used truck? Getting tired of dealing with little surprises like this on my old vehicle.

Thanks.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Mike, just pick up a hardware kit. It has all the springs you need for both sides. They should have them for a 99.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

Mike, just pick up a hardware kit. It has all the springs you need for both sides. They should have them for a 99.

x2 easy fix

impalapower
    Madison, WI

Until the spring gets fixed, you may want to tie the e-brake pedal to the release knob so it doesn’t annoy you.

I have an ’02 Chevy crew with 105,000 miles I might part with.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Guess its the end of the cable that broke off. Working on getting it fixed today. Well Im not so much working it as the boy. He got pretty concerned when I mention just letting the truck sit for a while. Can see how thats concerning for a boy that just about to turn 16. He got out yesterday and started climbing around underneath it. Found where the part went. Headed over to talk to my mechanic this morning about it. Got parts ordered up. Now he just got the old cable pulled off. Of course with a little help. Introduced him to the impact wrench.

So far this mess is turning out pretty well. Hopefully the parts will be in pretty quick and Ill be back on the road.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Mike, every warning light on your dash is on! Some I have never even seen before!!!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Quote:

Mike, every warning light on your dash is on! Some I have never even seen before!!!

Mike. I look at those lights and am thankful they still work on the truck.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

New cable we got was the wrong one. E break cable broke on the other side now to. Figured out the e break on that side was frozen up. Did managed to get a split washer fluid line fixed with some duct tape. No luck trying to fix the leak in the roof yet.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.