BANJO MINNOW

• Steve Plantz
    SE MN

BANJO MINNOW

Anyone see or tried these, just saw the infomercial on OLN. Babe Winkelman says he would not put his name on it if it did not work & the inventor has a $10000 challenge to go fishing with him you use the bait of your choice and he will use the Banjo Minnow, if you out fish him he will give you $10000!!! So what do you guys think is this a bait that will catch fish or is this a bait to catch fishermen?

kenwarren
    Olin, Iowa

I got some of these for Xmas about 5 years ago. The action is pretty good but I’ve not caught a fish on them and have probably used them for 45 minutes in total. I found them difficult to rig. Not that it was all that hard but seemed to be more trouble than it was worth, but they are still buried in my boat tackle compartment.

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Haven’t used a “Banjo Minnow” before, but used baits very similar to them in the past. Bass Pro Shops has a 7″ Squirmin Shad which is very similar (fat body, curly tail), I use them in the fall for muskies after heavy frosts or long cold fronts. Rig’m Texas style, with 30lb leader wire, 5/0 Owner wide gap, on a mag bass rod. Just rip’m along, with emphasis on the quick rise and fall.

As far as gimmick lures go, I have one that I am really fond of. It is called the Boob-U-Lure, plastic jugs and a hook. Great for making a little beer money while on our trips to Canada.

Dan

Hawg Hunters Guide Service

newt
    Pillager, MN

My post would be identical to Ken’s (except for the Xmas part).

clay
    Kansas City, Mo

I too have fell victim to this purchase. I do have good results though. Fish them for smallies on the river with good to very good productivity. I never seem to get the HOG of the hole with them, but do get plenty of the mid-size.

Clay

kevinneve
    Devils Lake ND area

If you can find a better (fill in the blank) I’ll

a) eat my hat
    b) walk down the street naked
    c) wear a dress
    d)….

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I am usually very wary of gimmick lures but I have had good results with the Banjo Minnow. A buddy of mine bought some a while back and he has done well enough with them on bass that I picked some up.

Gator Hunter

skippy783
    Dysart, IA

I bought some several years ago, and had good luck with them. I always used them when I went fishing at the pond at our local golf course, but thats not saying much about if they really are a good lure or not because out there the fishing pressure was practically non-existent so the bass would hit just about anything that we offered them. Whether or not they have the same results on bodies of water that see a lot of fishing I don’t know, but they worked great out at the local golf course.

birdhunter88
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

My wife bought my boy some years ago. And I took him fishing with me to some lakes here in Southern Iowa looking for Crappie and LM Bass. I used everything I had and the little [censored] out fished my many times over using the banjo minnow. When he first pulled them out, I just laughed and said good luck. After about 2 hours of him pulling one fish in after another and me yet to get a hit. I finally put one on and couldn’t believe it. Since then we have bought more of them and they get used on a regular basis. I thought it was a gimmick at first to. But they do work, and work very well. They take a little gettin use to riggin but after you get used to them, you can rig one in nothing flat.

bird

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.