alaska june 10th. what to do

• JOSH192
    50 min from the river

I’m fishing two of the twelve days McKinley for a couple. Seward to whale watch and fjords for hiking and glaciers what else does a person do on a 12 day trip?

josh-markell1
    on the water

Sounds like a honeymoon! I’m sure you won’t have any problem finding something to do

briansmude

Pick a clear day and hike up exit glacier, I think it is just outside of seward.take the long hike up the mountain that overlooks the harding ice fields. It’s about an 8 hour hike but well worth it. It was the highlight of my trip when I was up there. The view is unreal it is the most amazing thing I ever seen. And you gotta go halibut fishing. If you need a tour guide I’m available.

uffdapete
    Rainy Lake, MN

For starters buy an Alaska Milepost asap, cause it’s very detailed and should be reviewed before you get there. There is more to do and see in Alaska than you could fit in a lifetime!! And a lot can be found in the Milepost – way too much to begin to list here. Just google facts about Alaska – pretty amazing.

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

Where and with whom are you fishing with? We are leaving the 9th. Spending 2 days in and around Denali. Heading down to Soldotna for a couple nights and fishing with Captain Pete out of Homer on the 13th. The fishing has supposedly been very good! Then boarding a 7 day cruise out of Seward on the 14th, docking in Juneau, Skagway and Ketchican.

impalapower
    Madison, WI

I know this is late. Kenai river into Skilak Lake in a drift boat for Trout. Southern Alaska is nice and cool. Talkeetna is a fun little town, hop on a plane, fly around McKinley, land on a glacier and throw some snowballs. Have a great time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.