Carp-tacular Sunday Afternoon

• dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Musky fishing was slow on Saturday with only two follows both on the short side, and Sunday being the first day of real “Pleasure Boater” weather (Forest Lake was PACKED!!!!), my fishing partner Bob and I decided that a day of Bowfishing was in order. We had seen the Carp on Saturday, up rooting around in the shallows, so finding the fish was not difficult at all. So once we found them, we just nosed the boat up into the bullrushes and let the hammerfest begin.

If you are ever looking for a little change of pace, and want to have a really great time. Give bowfishing a try, its a riot.

We ended up shooting 7 carp and 2 dogfish. We probably saw, and passed up on 25 smaller fish, and maybe missed a few (but we don’t keep track of that stat).
    Here is Bob with the biggest of the day 36.5″, a real slob!

Dan

Hawg Hunters Guide Service

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Here’s my best of the day..

Dan

Hawg Hunters Guide Service

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

I was on Tonka on saterday and there where some huge piggies up there rooting around. I could have swore that one was as big as a whale. I was looking for the harpon gun but couldn’t find one. it kept on coming up and slapping the boat. both me and wife’s cousin where thinking of heading back out there on sunday morning with the bow. but he couldn’t make it

shane

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Those are some really nice fish…..Looks like it was a good time.

Are they worm food now or did you sell them off?

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

Is there a limited to how many you can shoot? I don’t hunt but this sounds interesting.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Nice Pics! Good enough for a living room wall!

I think the limit for bow hunting is only limited by your time and your accuracy of hitting them.
    On Saturday at the ARM event on the Red Cedar River, a boat was pulling out that was covered with weeds and they had a 55 gallon plastic barrel filled with carp. The on laying on top was (according to them and I agreeed) pushing 50 lbs.

I asked them if they had a big cat (that they needed to feed?)

Thanks for posting!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.