Please say prayer for the loss of Travis Renville

• Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

So sorry to hear about the loss of Travis Renville. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family! God Bless.

kornking
    Mount Vernon, Iowa

Our prayers are with Travis and his family.

Regards,

Joe Jiacinto

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

I don’t know what to say….I am totally blown away.
    I met Travis out at Lake Erie while prefishing with Scott Steil and Jarrad.
    He was a great guy and I am very glad I got the opportunity to meet him and share some beers and fishing stories.
    My prayers and sympathy go out to his friends and family.
    Be at peace Travis.
    John

scottsteil
    Central MN

I am at a loss for words. I have been out of the office and away from the computer. Thank you Jarred for the phone call. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Travis and his family.

Scott Steil & Family

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I too am saddened by this news. Being an “outreach” kinda guy (I just spent a week in the Yucatan Peninsula as a missionary), I only find myself wishing I could have been there for him, somehow………. other than just a community friend within the confines of this website. To all who know what I’m saying, my heart goes out to you as well. Derek, I’ll wear a ribbon or something commemorative of Travis during the RCL as well.

I repeat previously stated offerings of myself…….. if ANYONE on this site needs an ear, a friend, an unbiased point of view, or whatever……. I’m not here 24/7 but PLEASE………. I’d rather be awakened in the dead of night to help a fellow angler than have to read of another tragic loss to a very real and elusive condition.

763-234-1866

Everybody needs help sometime………. all of us. I know I can lean on some very good friends here…… guys…. you don’t have to go it alone. Let someone help! There’s plenty who’d be honored, not bothered, to play that role. Pride isn’t worth the price…… get help.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Bill is right about the chemical imbalance.

Last year, I lost a good friend to depression. I grew up with him. He died at the age of 33. He was a very fun, outgoing person. He could talk to anyone with good conversation. None of us never knew he had a problem. He and his parents were the only ones who were aware of his problem with the chemical imbalance. Not once, did he ever show depression, to the point of this. Not even close. The only problem he ever displayed, was when he was drinking at times. Not every time, maybe once or twice a year, when he would drink hard, he would get a bit “testy”. Not violent, to what we knew, just flat out testy, where you didn’t want to be around him. He would more or less become a “jerk”.

Well, come to find out, he was abusive when he would drink hard and this abusiveness he took out on his girlfriends. He went through about 3 wonderful women in about 5 years. They would leave him. We never knew he was abusive to them. No signs and nothing said. It was confusing to us at times, but we knew he was a jerk once in a blue moon, but not a violent jerk.

Well, he married a great woman. All seemed happy. Then, one day, he beat her up. Just out of the clear blue. It was really shocking to us, because you never know what goes on behind closed doors. His guilt got to him, along with the imbalance (that we later found out) and he took his life.

After the fact, is when we all found out about his chemical imbalance. He wasn’t taking his medication. And worse of all, his new wife never knew about his medical condition. He never told her.

It was heart wrenching for all of us. If today, we would of known what was going on, we might have been able to do something to help.

If you see the slightest sign from family or friends………….please seek help.

rocketman

I am here at this moment to attest to the pain that Travis must have felt. I too am suffering from the depression ailment. 40mg’s of prozac daily and it is still not a complete cure. I am now seeking a professional to talk to. Only last week, I found myself 350 miles from home, intensley broke down. I drove my truck to my dads place, signed the title over to him and started walking down the interstate. I knew what I was doing, but, the little voice in my head said “who cares”. After a county cop picked me up off the interstate and yelled at me for hitchhicking he drove me to the nearest truck stop and told me to stay off the highway.After some coffee I got back on the road and hiked to rochester, finally getting to a dear friends house, who let me in and passed the good samaritin test. He saved my life, and by the grace of God I am still here for my 11 yr old daughter.When the trouble hits, fancy boats, big fish or any other materialistic things that we think make us feel good, can’t stand in the way of depression, or make the slightest difference. I post today in the hope that no one ever has to feel the pain of depression. It is hell of a dis-ease.

Thank you for letting me air out. Today is a good day to be alive.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Rocketman,

Thanks for sharing that with us! My question is, what CAN we do…… to help you or someone else when the hard moments come? What has gotten you through so far and do you feel it’s solid enough to be effective continuously in the future?

snowpiggy

I felt I should say something on this site to get a few things off my chest. Some of it might not make sense to everyone but I have alot of things to get out. I am not an avid fisherman, but I do fish, and was their when Travis first got the fishing bug. Travis was one of my closest friends and confidante. I spent more hours with him talking about our hopes, dreams and future over the last ten years. I was there for some of his worst days and his best, like when he met the love of his life. The night he met her, I believe it was the summer of 1998 all of his friends piled in his mustang convertible and before we took off from our location after meeting her, he told me to go into the glove compartment and get a piece of paper. I did and he started to write on it. When he handed it to me I read, “I will marry mindy someday,” and then he wrote the date. He was still with her to the end. He was a very sensitive and Romantic person. I always thought we would be those friends who have kids that grow up to be friends. We often joked about slapping the young nurses on the butts as old men in nursing homes together. Unfortunately the issues and demons I once helped him as best as I thought I could with when he needed a friend eventually got to be to strong and pushed me and some other friends away. This was not an easy decision and now I wonder more than ever. I always thought it was beatable. This is when his family took control and fishing really became his outlet. Even with family and friends support the chemical imbalance has control over a person that we can not understand. Travis, I have no doubt you cared for tonya and I deeply and you could not help how you acted. I have no doubt that if heavan is what you make of it, Travis is riding a sport bike through winding curves to the lake where a fine fishing boat awaits to take him to a magnificent fishing hole, where he catches his limit daily. From their he will look down through the clouds and will be a guardian Angel, watching his son grow to be a man as fine as his father. Travis and I loved to watch cops together and laughed at how stupid criminals can be. Travis, every time I enter my squad car I will think of you and smile. Travis was a great friend and anybody who got to be in his presence was honored. Unfortunately beneath the great, strong man lied a scared little boy that only he knew. I love you Travis, I just wish I could have said it a couple days sooner.

YOUR FRIEND,
    Steve

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Like many others reading this post, I am speechless. I read many of Travis’ posts and he seemed like a great guy. My prayers go out to all of his friends and family.

Thank you guys for your advice and knowledge about this disease. I have two people very close to me that are dealing with depression and I never realized how serious it is. Now that I am more educated, I can help them out. Thank You guys and Travis: May your days be filled with many more 30″ walleyes.

kevinneve
    Devils Lake ND area

Quit frankly there isn’t a lot any of use can do. We just have to be there when we are asked to help and hope we can/are. Unfortunatly those left behind each gets a portion of the pain. And that pain is magnified when we feel the guilt of thinking “I coulda or shoulda done something”. We need to let it go and live.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Snow. Thanks for sharing.
    My day on pool 2 today had alot of thoughts of Travis in it.

bri_bigeyes
    Farmington, Minnesota

My thoughts and prayers go to Travis and his family. I’m sure Travis is in a peaceful world, and will enjoy watching us all as we enjoy the same passion he loved.

sean-lyons
    Waterloo, IA and Hager City Wi.

Travis, his family, and his friends will be in the Lyons family’s prayers. My heartfelt condolences to all of them.
    Sean

walleyejgl
    Minnesota

Although I’m new and didn’t have a chance to meet Travis, The things you all have said showed he was a very good man. To lose someone like him is a great loss.

Travis “May god give you the wind to open your wings, May he give you the water to cast your pole, May god give you the happiness you did not find here, Bring with you the memories and love of the people you’ve left behind.”

Joel

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

On behalf of Travis’s brother Brad and the rest of his loving family, they have asked me to post this following tribute to their loved one.

Quote:

OUT FISHING:
    A FELLAR ISN’T THINKIN MEAN—–OUT FISIHIN
    HIS THOUGHTS ARE MOSTLY GOOD AND CLEAN—–OUT FISHIN
    HE DOES NOT KNOCK HIS FELLOWMEN,
    OR HARBOR ANY GRUDGES THEN.
    A FELLAR’S AT HIS FINEST WHEN—–OUT FISHIN

A FELLAR’S GLAD TO BE A FRIEND—–OUT FISHIN
    A HELPIN HAND HE’LL ALWAYS LEND—–OUT FISHIN
    THE BROTHERHOOD OF ROD AND LINE
    AN SKY AND STREAM IS ALWAYS FINE,
    MEN COME REAL CLOSE TO GOD’S DESIGN—–OUT FISHIN

A FELLAR ISN’T PLOTTING SCHEMES—–OUT FISHIN
    HE’S ONLY BUSY WITH HIS DREAMS—–OUT FISHIN
    HIS LIVERY IS A COAT OF TAN,
    HIS CREED, DO THE BEST HE CAN
    A FELLAR’S ALWAYS MOSTLY MAN—–OUT FISHIN

EDGAR A. GUEST

TRAVIS WE WILL MISS YOU DEARLY—-YOUR FAMILY

I would like to thank all for your prayers. Travis is a very special person and loved to fish, talk fishing, paint crankbaits and build custom rods. He had a god given talent and now he is up in heaven teaching the man himself how to troll planner boards, lindy rig and just get on the natch. Rest in peace my brother!!!!!! You will always be my brother, best friend and fishing partner.

The rest of the family would like to thank each and everyone of you for your support, thoughts amd prayers for Travis. God Bless!

The funeral is this Thursday the 10th of June @1:00 in Austin, MN at Clasen-Jordan Funeral Home. The address is 209 2nd Ave NW Austin, MN 55912 (ph no.507 433-5727)

Brad has also asked if any would like to send donations, please send tem to;

Lynn Renville
    1181 Oakwood Ct NW
    Hutchinson, MN 55350

A trust fund is planned to be setup for Travis’s 7 year old son (Brendon) in Arizona.
    God Bless.

blondie

My condolences go out to Travis, his son and his family! I got to meet Travis while driving 13 hours out to Lake Erie with Scott and Jarrad. What a great guy! Rest in peace Travis!!
    Ashley Bauer
    Red Wing, MN

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

I never really knew Travis, but for the penguin diving in the hole. What a great icon!!! EC, good of you to show such a great picture of a man happily holding his dream come true. It is so sad to know and not know at the same time. God choses his when it is most appropriate. Godspeed to all who knew him personally, especially to his family. I’m in shock!!!

Mark

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

From today’s Austin Daily Herald – Obituaries:

Travis L. Renville, 32, of Apple Valley, formerly of Austin, died Sunday, June 6, 2004, in Spicer.

He was born June 17, 1971, in Austin, to Lynn and Judith (Anderson) Renville.

He graduated from Apple Valley High School and from Phoenix University in Arizona. He returned to Apple Valley in 1997 and was employed as a software architect with Ecolab, Inc., St. Paul.

Travis was an avid fisherman and a member of F.L.W. Walleye Tour.

Survivors include his son, Brenden Rivieraz Renville, Phoenix, Ariz.; parents, Lynn and Judy Renville, Hutchinson; brothers and sister-in-law, Brad Renville, Hutchinson; Todd and Elizabeth Renville, Minneapolis; nephews, aunts, uncles and cousins.

He was preceded in death by his grandparents.

Visitation: One hour before the service Thursday at the mortuary.

Memorial Service: 1 p.m. Thursday, June 10, 2004, at the mortuary chapel with Father Joe Fogel officiating.

Interment: Grandview Cemetery.

Funeral Home: Clasen-Jordan Mortuary, Austin.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Just returned home after being away for the week. I’m pretty shocked at the moment. Thoughts and prayers to Travis’ friends and family. I am very sorry to hear this…

greg716
    Inver Grove Heights

Very sad indeed. Although I never met Travis, my thoughts and prayers are with his family in this difficult time.
    Greg

shumpy
    Bloomington MN

I am relatively new to this website and don’t know any of you yet, but I visit daily and viewed many of Travis’ posts. I’m stunned. My heart goes out to Travis’ family and to all who knew him.

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

we are all lessened by his loss…. sad to say I never had the pleasure of meeting him….. though I sure wish I had….

Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

I too am stunned to lose a fine person as Travis. I never knew him personaly only trough his posts. My prayers as well go out to his family.

MuskieFever

Hello Everyone,
    My name is Brad Renville—-I’m Travis’s brother. I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank everyone for your prayers in this time of sorrow. Travis was and always will be a special brother, son and father. His passion for fishing was unparalleled and I know he was happiest when out fishing. My 9 year old son (Chase) and I were very fortunate to be able to spend the quality time we did with Travis fishing on Pool 2, Mille Lacs, Red and Minnetonka. My brother taught my son and I allot about fishing and for this, I will be forever grateful. The brotherhood of rod and real was very important to Travis and after seeing the post’s on In-Depth, I can see why he felt the way he did. Thank you Steve for helping me out with this posting!!!!! My family, friends and I found this site to be a big help in this difficult time and for that, I would like to thank everyone again—-your kind words and prayers did not go unnoticed. I know Travis is a peace now and he has his Ranger 620 out fishing everyday!!!!!!!! Rest in peace my brother—-I miss you!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 25 posts - 31 through 55 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.