Please say prayer for the loss of Travis Renville

• DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

I was informed this morning that Travis Renville had passed away early Sunday morning at 1:30am after a long battle with depression. Please have a place for Travis in your prayers!

Travis was good friend and an avid IDA member here that shared with all of us his excitement and dedication to the sport of fishing. I know I had the pleasure of sharing my boat with him several times on both Mille Lacs Lake and Pool 2 of the Mississippi River. He truly had a passion and skill for his love of fishing.

My condolences go out to his family and friends.
    Please rest in peace Travis and save one for me buddy!

gary_wellman
    South Metro

May he rest in peace, in God’s hands.

My prayers go to him and his family.

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

Well, that’s sad news. My prayers go out to his family. I am sure that he’s finally at peace.
    God bless,
    Steve

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Truly awful news. I met Travis in La Crosse before he went to Erie with Jarrad. He was a great guy. My prayers and sympathies go out to his family. So sad….

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I’m numb reading your post Steve. He was my RCL co-angler sign up and we were to pre-fish together and was very pumped to fish the Mille lacs event. Very sad to hear. I have a pic of him when he fished with Scott last winter. That pic will be on my dash during the RCL. Don’t know what else to say. Very sad to hear this.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Dito to all of the above comments. Sad news indeed….

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Very very sad. My prayers go out and my heart is hanging.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

I am very sad to hear this. It seems so sudden to a person who knew nothing about what he was going through. My prayers are with his family.
    Thanks, Bill

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Very sad. I can’t find the words to express.

My condolences to his friends, family and everyone that knew him.

Mike Lee

hwalleye18
    Coon Rapids MN

My prayers go out to his family and friends as well.

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Very sad,life can be a bitter pill to swallow at times.To all his friends and family on IDA-sorry to hear this and God Bless you through these hard times.
    Ryan Hale

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

I am very sorry to hear of this very painful news. For those of you that knew him, fished with him, I am sorry to hear of your lose. to his family and friends I pray that they might find the inner peace that only God can give, and also just remember the good times that they had a chance to share with him. I will pray for all who had this man touch thier lives.

God Bless all!!

shane

hof
    Rochester, MN

I am so sorry to hear this. My condolences to his friends and family.

Mike

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

My prayers go out to the family as well! What a sad deal!
    Tuck

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

We all here at In-Depth will truley miss you Travis

If you missed his post he was soooo excited to get the“Monkey off his back”catching his first 30 incher !!

Quote:

got the monkey off my back today on Pool 2… and nailed my first 30″! Been a couple years in the making… but today I got her.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Thanks for posting that picture Dave. Travis sure new how to take a fish of a wing dam on a crank bait.
    It was just a few weeks ago that he took a photo of my 1st close to 30″ eye while out on the river. He seemed to have a great day that day also with hauling in I think 7 eyes over 26″.
    It was good to meet you Travis and be able to spend a little time sharing a boat with you. Hope that you find peace in your new place and happy fishing.
    Our thoughts will be with you.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Wow… Never met the guy, seemed like a great standup guy, it’s too bad things went this way, sounds liek he had a lot going for he too. Prayers for his family…

How about a donation from us members? maybe something IDA could set-up for us? It might not be much, but sometimes even a small jester is huge.

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

Quote:

Travis Renville had passed away early Sunday morning at 1:30am after a long battle with depression. Please have a place for Travis in your prayers!

Very sad, and also a very difficult illness to understand.

My prayers go out to him and his family.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

This is a terrrible tragedy. I pray for his family and friends to have the strength to get through this.

Gator Hunter

jay55447
    Plymouth MN.

I had the chance to meet travis out at lake erie. It was great to get to no him a little. I had no Idea he was sick, Im completly shocked. My symphony goes out to all his family and friends.

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

Prayers here to the Family. Sad to hear this.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

You will be missed Travis, my prayers will also go out to Travis and his family.

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Didn’t know Travis but he looks pretty young to be carrying all that weight, but I guess these kinds of things have no age limit. My condolences to his family and fishing friends.

pool13_jeff
    NW, IL

Very sad indeed… The Reifsteck family will light a candle for Travis and one for his family.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

You will be missed by many Travis! We’ll all join you on the river some day, save a few of those 30″ fish for us!!

My heart felt condolences for Travis’s family!

John

fishhead
    Chaska

I am saddened by this news.
    I shared my boat and many conversations with Travis and I consider him a freind.This is a great loss.He was a very talented fisherman and enjoyed sharing his knowledge of the sport.He will truely be missed.
    God bless him and my prayers go out to his family and freinds.

fireflick
    Alma WI

WOW!!!!!!!!! I don’t know what to say.. Travis spent a whole week with me out on Lake Erie and was a blast to be with and planned on doing Lake Oahe with me.

I had just talked to him couple days ago about going out to Lake Oahe and he sounded excited.

That picture was Travis’s biggest walleye ever he claimed. He caught that walleye on one of his own lures he just painted. Scott Stiel gave him a pattern to paint and check out for us. He nailed this fish on one of his favorite fishing spot. One of his biggest dreams was to catch a 30″ walleye. Bud! I am glad you got it done.

Our prayers are with you….I hope to meet you again sometime………

yoda840
    Western North Carolina

Friends,
    A time like this makes me think, and wish, to share with you … how very much under diagonised the ailment of depression is …. please …. any clue … like trouble sleeping (staying asleep) or the exact opposite of sleeping to much … please … see your family doctor … its a common aliment … call it “stress” if you wish … just get some help …. good people suffer tough things ….. only if they try it alone! … take care of yourself and those you care about… like Travis.
    Barry

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Some people have a chemical imbalance that makes them very depressed. From looking at his picture holding that big fish which mean’t the world to him yet his face looks so depressed. There are medicines that Doctors can prescribe for you if you or someone you know is very depressed. Having a chemical imbalance doesn’t mean your bad or anything, it just means theres an imbalance in your system that can be treated by medicines just like high blood pressure or high colestrial etc. Too many people don’t go for help or know there is help. Its very sad when someone this young dies that way. At least he is now in a place where there is no depression, no pain, no unhappiness but it would of been nice if he could of had more time here with us. I wish I had the chance to know him other than just on this site.
    Thanks, Bill

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.