Mosquitos

• jerry b
    western WI

Danged things as big as hummingbirds this morning, forgot my bug spray. Last week a buddy sent me an email about Listerine being a great (and cheap) mosquito killer. Article claims a 4oz pump spray bottle used around the campfire or kids playground will take care of the little vampires for an extended period. Anybody know anything about this? jerr

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Never heard about listerine. Why wouldn’t the typical mosquito killer work?

jerry b
    western WI

Probably will, but the key word here is “cheap”. Lot of the commercial yard sprays I’ve used just seem to make’m mad jerr

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Thermocell <<<<

Art

We also heard that a couple years ago. Gave it a try. Worked for a whole 10 seconds. Kind of think listerine put it out to boost there sales.

taz
    Frederic wi

X2

aquajoe
    Minnetonka, MN.

Quote:

Thermocell <<<<

Agreed!!

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Quote:

Thermocell <<<<

X3 only thing that saves my butt during early bow season.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’m gonna try a couple of these this year for around the garage/yard.

Thermacell

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

For around the home, the Mosquito Magnet is truely the greatest invention in the history of the world. These things rock.

kooty
    Keymaster

I’ve read and talked to people who claim they are just an expensive eye sore for the yard. I always wonder if they are using them correctly. The site states they should be upwind, which means moving around a lot. I suspect many home owners are too lazy to move the thing.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

I’ve read and talked to people who claim they are just an expensive eye sore for the yard. I always wonder if they are using them correctly. The site states they should be upwind, which means moving around a lot. I suspect many home owners are too lazy to move the thing.

It is entirely possible. However in our experience, (my parents) living in the deep woods on a lake surrounded by multiple low land swamps. They loved the first one so much they put a second one on the other side of the property.

Dad empties the traps weekly (I have witnessed it) and they are plumb full of mosquitos. Sitting on the deck at dusk/dark is noticeably more comfortable. They are not a 100% eradication item. More like 98%. Where sitting on the deck used to be intolerable. It is now swatting one or two mosquitos over the course of an hour.

kooty
    Keymaster

Well, as everyone in Mn knows. Dusk is beyond miserable. I feel bad for my kids the way they welt up and bleed from the itching. Sounds like I better try one.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Quote:

For around the home, the Mosquito Magnet is truely the greatest invention in the history of the world. These things rock.

These work fantastic if you can get a couple neighbors to buy them too. They take out a vast portion of the neighbor hood that way. My parents and four neighbors have them and now their neighbor hood is fantastic at night.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.