rainy lake info

• walleye1a
    Fremont, Nebraska

My wife and I will be fishing rainy lake for the first time may 25th thru June 1st. We are renting a houseboat from Northernaire and probably tying up in cranberry bay. Was wondering if there are any have to have baits or lures to bring with us. We usually fish for eyes but like to fish for pike,smallies and crappies also.Any info would be appreciated…thanks. The count down had begun can’t wait…Have a great fishing season

jc3363
    LaCrosse,WI

You are going to have a great time. Take your time and follow the maps, you can get in big trouble with the prop if not careful.

I’ve had good luck that time of year in Lost Bay.

If you really want to get on the fish see if Chris Granrud (Rainydaze guide service) has a opening. I’ve fished with him half a dozen times and each time caught nice fish but more importantly he has taught us the pattern that is working that week and we’ve used that info to score all week.

Beautiful lake you can’t go wrong.

a-and-t
    By Rochester,MN

Second what above comment said. Rainy is a big lake with lots of fishy spots. Chris will get you on the pattern that is going for that time of year. Somtimes it not if you are inthe right area ,but how to fish it correctly. Have fun on your trip and post pics

walleye1a
    Fremont, Nebraska

Thanks for the advice. Would love to hire Chris but had to scrimp and save to afford the trip and now the gas prices grrrrrrrrr. I do have the 2013 lake insight chip so that should help us for spots. Hopefully the guy from Northernaire will have some pattern ideas for us. I’m sure we will find hungry fish. Hope to have some pics worthy of posting

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.