Did the hype kill Tebow?

• TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

What I don’t get is this:

Setting aside the religion thing and the rabid FanBoys/Girls–and maybe I’m crazy here–but as a rookie QB in the NFL, what exactly was the issue with his performance?

I’m not saying he’s Grade A Prime starting material NOW. Yes, yes, we get that he’s not Brady / Farve / Eli / Paton, etc in their prime.

But come on! Apples to apples how many rookies/backups were BETTER than Tevo in that season?

I don’t know, maybe it’s all figured out and using a secret talenty oracle that can forsee that that little playoff run in Denver was a fluke and he’s really on a road to Nowheresville as a vet QB.

I just don’t get it, though. If I were running a team–and we’re not naming names here–that had a will/he/won’t/he situation with a QB who was a rookie last year, I’d be all over Tebow. I don’t see where you can go wrong.

But that’s just me.

Grouse

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Really? Every time the camera was on him?

most quaterbacks bark out random numbers in their cadence. Tebow would bark…

John 9 18
    Matthew 3 21
    Psalms 20 10

The coach made him stop using Leviticus because all those syllables lead to false starts.

Wait. Tim Tewbow was murdered?????

PB2

For starters he had the 31st worst QBR rating in the league 2011 which wasn’t his rookie year, only ahead 2 QB’s you have never heard of. His QB rating was 29th. His passing yards per game were 34th out of 34 for petes sake.

Simply he can’t throw the football. Thats kind of important in todays game if you follow it even remotely.
    T-Jack is twice the QB that Tebow is. He’s a career 48 percent completion percentage. Most of his completions were within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. .

I give up… and good luck with another IDO conspiracy classic..

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

No!! His lack of talent did

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.