Lake Onalaska

• cherilovell
    Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

As some of you know, I will be on my yearly vacation as of the 13th . I have stayed in Ferryville in the past but this year I will be staying up in Onalaska (at a $400.00 savings). I am still looking for info on shore fishing on pools 8 thur 10 but now also in the Onalaska area and the pools between. Any help will be very much needed and I will be very greatful. I plan on fishing the floats, but would like to have Plan B and C.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Ok,
    With all the high water some of these shore spots may not pan out but then again they might just be the ticket!!

On Hwy 35 south of Lacrosse go to the parking lot across from the L/D at Genoa, walk across the hwy and fish off the rip rap on the shore line below the dam. This is also the place you would go to fish the Clements fishing float.

Again, along Hwy 35 heading south from Genoa you will come to a place along side the Hwy just about a half mile to a mile north of the fish hatchery. There is a place (not really a parking lot) that is grassy that you can pull over, walk down the hill and over the RR tracks to the shoreline. Here there is a place where a cut off the main channel comes right into the shoreline and splits…

Again south of the fish hatchery and just north of Lynxville you’re come to an inland water lake that is bordered by the RR tracks and Hwy 35. This is called Cold Springs, here there will be a ton of places to fish all along the shore…you can park in the boat landing parking lot, on the south end of the pond or even the north end of the pond.

Ok so traveling even farther south you’ll come to Prairie du Chien…Before you come into town you’ll see a Black Angus farm on your left, and right after that there will be a county road K that will take you to the right (west) take this to the Y in the road and pull over and park before you head down the hill…here you’ll be able to fish either side of the road there is also a place to park further down the road (if the water is still high this will be a great spot to fish)

Still on County K follow it south into PdC and you’ll come to Washington St. take that to the right (west) and there is a bridge that goes over the back slough. This bridge and the bridge just south of it are good fishing spots…

And one more place that I can think of is when your fishing off of the Wisconsin St. Bridge take Washington Street till the first right after the bridge, then follow the trucking road to the north and this will take you to a dredged out pit where you can fish the shore line…

Well this should last you a while…and don’t forget to fish the floats…

Good luck and enjoy your vacation…

cherilovell
    Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

THANKS
    Thanks so much for the info. We’ll put it to good use, maybe we’ll see you around.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.