Which electric knife to buy??

• walleye1274
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I have been using an electric knife for years, but my old trust one kicked the bucket. I did buy a american angler cordless and it wont even make it through one walleye. What do you guys use? Cordless is not a must, but I think it would be handy.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

I use the Mister Twister. It’s yellow and green, comes in a clear package. They have a separate blade you can buy that is more flexible too. It’s been good to me…

AGM
    Lake City, MN

Walleye 1274,I have had a ‘Anglers Best’ for one year came in a green case and the knife is green and yellow.It has cleaned quit a few eyes and never needed sharpning.My friend had one like mine; but over charged it and fried the battery Another friend has one with a cord and we cleaned some fish with it; seemed to work just as well except for all the fish slime that ended up on the cord.

grampajimh
    Delmar, IA

I like the Mr Twister best. I had an American Angler cordless, but it jammed. It then burnt up on me.

I would get a corded Mr Twister and if you need cordless use a power inverter that will handle the power plus for the knife.

JIM

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I have both the Mister Twister and the Rapala. The MT is a great knife but it doesnt fit the hand very well. After 8 years, it still works great. I bought the Rapala knife for its 12 volt feature and handle design. The handle fits nice but the knife eject button in right where your thumb would rest on the handle. Terrible design, you have to get use to keeping your thumb off the button. The cord is also ridiculusly too long. In order to use it for 120v, you need to drag along the 12v converter and about 20 feet of cord. Very bulky and the cord gets in the way. Since I have yet to find a elec knife company they will include a decent blade case, an empty paper towel roll works good.

newt
    Pillager, MN

Mister Twister

John
    West Liberty, Iowa

Wal-Mart- $7 – $10 Black and Decker works great been using for years and no problems.

CrawlerKing

American Angler….been using for 7 years….I go with a group of 9 guys to Lac Seule every year….I clean the majority of the fish…I’ve never had the blades sharpened…it’s not cordless…it works great on sunnies and crappies…I don’t know about northerns, never have put the knife to one, my “virgin” livewell has never been subjected to the famous northern slime!

glasspa
    lake city, mn

Wouldn’t give you a nickel for a American Angler. The handle is to big and started smoking after cleaning three fish. Took it back and told them they could gkeep their junk. I use Mr Twisters now and had good luck with the black and decker cheapies also.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Does Mr. Twister offer a cordless model?

walleye1274
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I bought the Rapala cordless model. Hopefully I can catch some fish this week and give it a workout. I’ll let you know how she works. Thanks for the input guys!!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

glasspa I sent you a private message.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.