Fillet Knife

• Chad Luebker
    Annandale, MN

Hey guys,

I am looking to buy a fillet knife…..Nothing to expensive but still works good. Any help would be appreciated. Trying to stay under $25 if possible. Hope to hear from anyone. THanks

Chad

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I’ve recently fallen in love with the cordless / electric jobbies but I don’t think you’ll be able to get into one of those for under $25.

Rapala makes a decent knife and they offer multiple lengths depending on the species you normally target. I’ve used that brand and been pleased. One thing I don’t really care for is the wooden handle but its not a deal breaker.

Falcon makes a good cheapo knife (under $10) that I carry with me and use all the time. Not a great blade by any means… the blade is a little too short and a bit too wide in my opinion, but the knife stays sharp and you can’t beat the price.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Get a good electric and you’ll never go back!

AGM
    Lake City, MN

Hey Chad, I got a cordless knife also and was kinda leary about it at first.I’ve been running it for one year now and am still impressed.One time we cleaned twenty-three eyes in fourty-five minutes so you can spend mor time fishing,and less cleaning fish. The blades are serrated and should’t ever need sharping.We also use it to cut the Thanks giving day turkey.Happy shopping !

grampajimh
    Delmar, IA

If you can afford it go electric Mr Twister. The only thing I use a regular one for is to take Y bones out of Northern

blackduck
    SE Minnesota

I agree with all of the above! But get a cordless. I have a corded one and really wish I went with the cordless. It’s nice and fast, but that cord gets in the way, and it seems to collect a lot of blood and guts.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Get a real knife. Go with electric after you have mastered the metal. Rapala is a good one in your price range. I have used nothing but for 20 years. I use one of the rubber handled ones mainly right now although I still have a couple wood handles. The wood ones are slipery. I have been tempted to get an electric but I don’t feel that I clean enough fish and I enjoy being able to use a knife. Just my two cents……

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

I have a electric and my favorite the rapala 6″, two of them. When I used to trout fish and kept some fish, I used the 4″ rapala. When I have a lot of fish to do, especially northerns, I break out the electric, other wise I love using the rapala.

Mark

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

well I recieved a stanley knife set for cleaning fish. I would not change them for any other knife on the market. they are really nice not only for cleaning fish but also processing the venison that we shoot during hunting season. then add cleaning ducks, geese, grouse, and what ever else i can clean with em. I like them becuase they have the rubber handles, and they hold an edge really nice.

Thanks

shane

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.