LX-9 open water

• shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Do i need a high speed ducer for using my lx-9 in open water on a permanent basis? i know in the past with my lx-5, i have just tossed the ducer over the size, but i was just curious about a permanent location on the boat to mount a high speed ducer….

any info is appreciated!

thanks.

shaley
    Milford IA

High speed ducer would be the best way to go, but the drop uver the side method works in a pinch…

toxic11

Marcum has the high speed ducer on their website. I know peopled complained about mountainfr their screen on the boat. Couldn’t find a good mount.

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Quote:

Marcum has the high speed ducer on their website. I know peopled complained about mountainfr their screen on the boat. Couldn’t find a good mount.

i am a leadman in a machineshop with access to a laser, a waterjet, as well as a few brake presses, making a mount is the least of my worries

castle-rock-clown

I have an lx7 I used for ice fishing with excellent results. I bought the high speed open water transducer for it and have had it on the boat for two trips now. Seems to do it’s job on bottom and fish, but I have yet to be able to identify my lure, 3/8 jig and minnow. Also, I want this thing to be able to I’d underwater vegetation later twords summer. Jury is still out for me for open water use.

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Quote:

High speed ducer would be the best way to go, but the drop uver the side method works in a pinch…

i just checked marcum’s website, 160 for the high speed ducer and mount, and out of stock. for that price, i might just be sticking with dropping it over the side

castle-rock-clown

That is my next “experiment”. I am going to have both transducers on the boat and switch and compare while anchored. If the iceducer reads my lure while the open water does’nt I will be upset. I bought mine from Reed’s.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.