How to find a partner (for fishing, you perverts)

• BomberA

I was just wondering if you guys have the same partner that you fish tournaments with regularly. How do you find someone to fish with? How do you guys prefish as a team (Separate or together)? I’d like to fish more open tournaments, but I’m 21 and most of my friends give up after a few hours of slow fishing and throw in the towel. It’s also hard to find more experienced people because they already have their little inner-circle going on. What is the best way to find people with the same determination and skill. Is it a matter of proving myself on an idividual level first and hope that someone approaches me?

Thanks

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Bomber,

I as well don’t have many close friends that have the time/patience to fish, or that take fishing as serious as i do. I’ve found quite a few guys on here to fish tourneys with, all I do is make a post.

On a side note…..You’ll never break the “inner circle”, you just have to create your own.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

When Jeremy and I pre-fish for a tourney, we usually split up and hit seperate pools. I concentrate on 7 and Jeremy fishes 9. That way we can maximize our chances of finding quality fish.

If you are loking for a good partner, I would suggest joining a club. You just might find someone who is in the same boat as you.(pun intended) When I fished the local club here in La Crosse, I met lots of great partners.

Try asking a few people from this website too. That is how I started fishing with Jeremy Crawford. Through some emails, pms, etc… we met up and found out that we do fish well together. His strength is my weakness and vice versa. Although, you should see the look on peoples faces when I tell them I met Jeremy through the internet.

tcfishing
    Anoka, MN

I agree with the prior, I was in a club and now one of the members a I fish tournaments togeather. We prefished in differnt boats last year (boring) but found that we couldn’t decide which spot to got to if we both found fish. The other problem was I would fish a point and mark it on my gps and then we use his boat in the tournament I’m explaing where it’s at and how to run it. Now we fish in differnt boats until the day before then fish togeather in the boat we are going to use and then we both know the pattern.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I’m new to the whole competitive fishing arena as well so I’m familiar with your question. So far, just getting the line wet while sharing time leads to possibilities. This site has done wonders for finding good, serious fishermen, and it’s getting some of the doors opened. I think the club idea is an EXCELLENT one. I haven’t done that myself but it all makes perfect sense and consider it a catalyst in getting where you want to be. Hanging around like-minded people is essential for success in every aspect of life so I’d take the advise of these guys above me and start researching a local club.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.