New Hotmaps Premium chip!!

• walleye1274
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Have you heard about this new chip coming out soon. It has 1′ contours for Minnetonka, Mille Lacs, Winne, Forest, Gull, and White Bear. It also has 25 3′ contour lakes, 28 FHS lakes, 29 other lakes, and MO & MS river coverage for MN/IA. It also sounds like accuracy is improved as well. From the info I got it will sell for the same price as the 1′ contour chip does. $199 Anybody else have any info???

scottys
    Eagan, MN

Should be out in a month or 2

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

walleye1274,

What you’ve stated is correct. I just received the informational packet and the new chip last night. The price will be $199 it appears. I am going to be testing the Hotmaps Premium #10 (Minnesota/Iowa) this weekend and I’ll provide a full report when I return. Reading over the informational packet, this new Navionics chip looks like a WINNER! Lots of lakes and great detail. I’ll try to take some photos if the conditions are right.

We’ll have the new chip available (without a box) very soon. We should have the full marketing package (with box) available in July. I’ll post more when I get back from the lakes. I’m leaving tonight, returning Monday afternoon.

walleye1274
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Wade, I sent you an e-mail on this this morning. I would like to talk to you about getting one of these chips as soon as they come in. Thanks!!

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Got you’re email and replied… Glad to see you’re interested. I think we may be able to start getting some shipped next week but I’m not 100% certain yet. Understand that these initial shipments will be the Navionics chip in a clear plastic case and some info. They will not be packed in the regular box you might be used to seeing. It certainly won’t effect how the chip operates in your GPS. Check with me next week and I hope to have more info then. Thanks!

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Wade,will we be able to send in our old #10 chip and get it upgraded(new chip)for a cheaper price?
    Ryan Hale

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Ryan,

Navionics has a trade in program — Here. I’m not sure exactly how it works but there is a phone number at this link.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Wade, do you know what additional lakes will be on the new chip that the old chip doesn’t have? Thanks, Bill

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Bill, I have a hard copy list that I will try to copy and post. PM me your email and I can give you some info too. Any particular lake you are wondering about?

Wade

(All New Lakes Posted Below)

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

New Hotmaps Premium Lake List for Minnesota/Iowa

Reg10 – IA-MN

LAKE NAME COUNTY STATE

NAVIONICS HD LAKES:

Forest Lake Washington MN

Gull Lake Cass MN

Lake Minnetonka Hennepin MN

Lake Winnibigoshish Cass MN

Leech Lake Cass MN

Mille Lacs Lake Mille Lacs MN

White Bear Lake Washington MN

LAKEMASTER LAKES:

Bald Eagle Lake Ramsey MN

Big Marine Lake Washington MN

Big Watab Lake stearns MN

Cedar Wright MN

Clearwater Lake Wright MN

Fish Trap Lake Morrison MN

Geneva Douglas MN

Ida Douglas MN

Lake Alexander Morrison MN

Lake Carlos Douglas MN

Lake Darling Douglas MN

Lake Edward Crow Wing MN

Lake Hubert Crow Wing MN

Lake Le Homme Dieu Douglas MN

Lake Miltona Douglas MN

Lake Osakis Todd MN

Lake Waconia Carver MN

Mississippi River-Pool 4 (incl. Lake Pepin) Goodhue MN-WI

Mississippi River-Pool 8 (incl. Lake Pepin) Buffalo/vernon/Houston/Lacrosse MN-WI

North Long/North Round Lake Crow Wing MN

Pelican Lake Crow Wing MN

Pelican Lake Saint Louis MN

Sugar Lake Wright MN

Upper & Lower Whitefish Lake Crow Wing MN

Vermilion Lake Saint Louis MN

FHS LAKES:

Big Creek Lake Polk IA

Bowstring Lake Itasca/Lake MN

Clear Lake Cerro Gordo/Pocahontas IA

Coralville Lake Johnson IA

East Okoboji Lake Dickinson IA

Island Lake Reservoir Saint Louis MN

Kabetogama Lake Saint Louis MN

Lake Bemidji Beltrami MN

Lake Independence Hennepin MN

Lake Minnewaska Pope MN

Lake Odessa Louisa IA

Lindstrom Lake North-Chisago Chain Chisago MN

Lindstrom Lake South-Chisago Chain Chisago MN

Little Boy Lake Cass MN

Medicine Lake Beltrami/Hennepin MN

Mississippi River-Pool 13 Jackson IL-IA

North & South Center Lake Chisago MN

Otter Tail Lake Otter Tail MN

Pelican Lake Grant MN

Pike Bay Cass MN

Prior Lake Scott MN

Rathbun Lake Appanoose IA

Saint Croix river Pierce/Wahington/St.Croix MN-WI

Sand Lake Itasca MN

Saylorville Lake Polk IA

Spirit Lake Dickinson IA

West Okoboji Lake Dickinson IA

Woman Lake Cass MN

ADDITIONAL LAKES:

Adams Lake Lake County MN

Alder Lake Cook MN

Alice Lake lake MN

Alpine Lake Cook MN

Alton Lake Cook MN

Amelia Lake Pope County MN

Andrew Lake Kandiyohi MN

Andrusia Lake Beltrami MN

Ann Lake Kanabec MN

Artichoke Lake Big Stone MN

Big Sandy atikin MN

Big Stone Lake Crow Wing/Otter Tail MN-SD

Calhoun Kandiyohi MN

Cass Lake Cass MN

Deer Lake Itasca MN

Fish Lake Reservoir Saint Louis MN

Green Lake Price MN

Island Lake Vilas/Rusk MN-WI

Lake of the Woods Lake of the Woods MN

Little Johnson Lake St. Louis MN

MacBride Johnson IA

Missourie River

Moose Lake Itasca MN

Pleasant Creek Lake Linn IA

Pokegama Lake Itasca MN

Rainy Lake MN-ONT

Red Rock Douglas MN

Storm Lake Buena Vista IA

Upper Mississippi River

SOURCES: Navionics / LakeMaster / FHS / DNR / USGS / NOAA / USACE

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

I did get a chance to use the new Premium Chip on a brief trip to Ottertail County this weekend. I used the chip on a Lowrance LMS 330C and I was very impressed. I know these things are accurate on the bigger lakes but I was interested in how it performed on some of the smaller lakes. To test it out, I ran the LMS 330C basemap on a 300 acre lake. The basemap, as I suspected on a smaller lake, was subpar. The LMS 330C did it’s job of marking my trail on my trolling path, but it often showed that I was “on land” due to the “cookie cutter” representation of the lake. Next, I added the new Navionics Hotmaps Premium chip and activated the system. Huge difference. On my screen I could now see an accurate map of the lake with rounded edges, etc. This was not one of the lakes listed on the chip. Just a small lake in the area. Therefore, no depth contours were provided. But it did what I was hoping it would do. It mark my trolling path accurately as I moved around the lake. I placed a float in the lake and marked an icon on the unit. My GPS brought me back to the spot within a few feet. I was very pleased with how the new chip performed. I also used the new chip on Pelican Lake in Grant County so I could test the chip on a listed lake (one with depth contours provided). Again, I was impressed. I did not take photos due to the rainy conditions that day, but I will be testing it again (probably on Ottertail Lake) next weekend and I hope to take some snap shots of the mapping on the LMS 330C with and without the Navionics chip.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks Wade. Sent you a pm. Thanks, Bill

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Okay guys, Just found out I have 5 coming in next week. The two guys that emailed me already will get 2 of them. If anyone else wants one soon please get in touch with me before Friday. Thanks!

kenwarren
    Olin, Iowa

I very confused! I bought a Humminbird Matrix 67 this spring and have not used any of the Navonics maps, yet. I spend most of my time on the river and it looks like the only thing available is about 3 pools. Is this correct? The list shown here says “upper Mississippi River” What does this mean?

If there is something better available than the poor maps that are included I would be interested in buying the chip. If it only covers a couple of pools with 15 year old data (at least this is the stste of the Pool 13 FHS map) it isn’t worth the money for me because it is unlikely I would ever use any of the other lakes.

One other issue is when I do travel to lakes it is in IL, MO, IA, and WI. I’d need 4 different chips and this is way too expensive. Is there another way to get just the lakes I’d be interested in? Download, etc.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Ken, One thing to do is to call Navionics at 1-800-848-5896 and ask them to email you an image of the region you fish. That will allow you to preview the detail before you buy. They can also describe the detail better. I would say that the river data is going to be less detailed and less accurate than the lakes data due the nature of rivers. The new chip is supposed to be more accurate but I have not used it on a river so I can not verify that personally. I can say that it is awesome on lakes and I’m not alone in that assessment. Your satisfaction with this product will depend on the waters you fish. No doubt.

The #10 chip will cover Iowa and Minnesota. There is no other way to download individual lakes at this time. That may be something that occurs in the distant future but at this time it is not feasible.

Try the phone number provided. You’ll find their customer service folks very helpful and you don’t have to wait on hold forever either. Best of luck!

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

4 of the 5 are sold. I have one left for now but will have more coming in a week or two. If anyone wants this last one soon, contact me before Friday afternoon. I’m leaving Friday night and won’t be available for a week. I’m going fishin’!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.