Ranger Trail Trailer

• powereyes
    Elk River, MN

So I’ve had one of the oil bath hubs giving me trouble. It gets cloudy like it has moisture in it, I get it maintained and shortly there after it will be cloudy again. Now I notice that the tire on that hub is getting pretty chewed up on the inside edge. Are these two problems related? This is an ’04 dual axle trailer under a 620. Tires are new about 18 months ago. The hub adjacent to this one is experiencing similar issues but to a lesser degree. Any and all thoughts on this would be appreciated.

redrnger

Have the same thing with my 619 and called Ranger factory and talked to the factory rep. Was told to make sure the axle nuts were on tight as the front wheels get pulled to the inside or outside depending on way turning causing them to leak eventually.I took mine apart cleaned the bearings good from the milky oil put 50 wt oil in,which is a slow prosses as you have to let the air escape through the little fill hole on the top of the wheel hub as you put the oil in.Fill it full of oil,can tell level by looking threw glass .Put screw back in with plumbers tape around thread tighten,this is a allen head screw.I also used a pointed bottle like a mustard bottle to put the oil in as the oil hole is small and can not just pour it in to messy.Call Ranger talk to trailer dept,they will tell you how to take care of them.Good luck.

huskerdu

Have you replaced the rear hub seal?

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

Quote:

Have you replaced the rear hub seal?

Seal probably won’t solve the leak issue since the wear sleeve on the spindle most likely will have a groove and will need replacing first, been there before. I went to the Vortex hubs last year and it should be a much better system than oil bath.

powereyes
    Elk River, MN

Thanks for the help guys. Do you think the tire issue is related or am I dealing with two problems?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.