new rainy river ver 4 lakemaster chip

• engies4

hey just got the new rainy river chip for hb 797 c2, the new chip doesn’t seem to boot up. hooked it up to a reader and there are files there. my old chip fires right up and i have the latest software update ver 4.54 any ideas?

Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

It may not load real fast or at all in that unit as the version 3 and 4 have a lot of data on them, and run better in the units ending in 8’s because they have upgraded/faster processors.

rogerr
    Maplewood, MN

Hi,
    I have a HB 797c2 as well. I think your software level is 5.450 (you might have gotten the numbers switched around). The Ver. 4 of the Lakemaster LOW Rainy chip is the one that supports I-Pilot Link functionality. There hasn’t been an update on the 797c2 in over a year so that extra file needed to support the “follow the contour” feature (of I-Pilot Link) may be foreign to your (our) boxs. Besides that, the 797c2 will NEVER support I-Pilot Link since we do not have an Ethernet port.

Take care,
    Roger

engies4

my bad it is the 5.4 update, i dont have the i link i just need the maps for rainy river for april trip thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.