Mn men

• levibruce
    Verndale, mn

For those that didnt see last nights game it was great I don’t know how they did it hopefully we go up in the rankings

whiskeysour
    4 miles from Pool 9

You have to be ranked in order to move up. Minnesota got 0 votes in either poll last week.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I guess I didn’t realize until last night, that they had the toughest schedule in the NCAA this year… Guess say what you will about Tubby, but he doesn’t take the easier road like Kill does

adam-bartusek
    New Prague, MN

This team is built to do really well in the tournament with their athleticism and dominant down low game. Mbakwe and Eliason absolutely destroyed a player of the year candidate last night in Cody Zeller. If they play like this they will be dangerous. It was nice to get the whole fan base back behind them again.

hnd

i think you guys just got oladipo and zeller on a bad night. it may be that you caused the bad night though. good game. you should be back in the top 25 after last night if you ask me.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

It was a good game to watch. Other than Zeller, I really didn’t think Indiana played all that bad.

Congrats!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Quote:

This team is built to do really well in the tournament with their athleticism and dominant down low game. Mbakwe and Eliason absolutely destroyed a player of the year candidate last night in Cody Zeller. If they play like this they will be dangerous. It was nice to get the whole fan base back behind them again.

I couldn’t disagree with you more. The Gophers may be capable of being competitive with the likes of Indiana on one very rare night but to think they can put any kind of a run together is simply foolish. When they can’t even be competetive with mediocre teams in the big ten, I don’t see how anyone can expect more than 1 or 2 wins even if they get in the tourney.

I won’t be fooled again. My eyes say they are a horrible offensive team that can’t play consistently when pressured. Tubby gets out-coached as soon as the opposing coach throws something at them like a zone. I feel bad for those kids, they have a ton of talent on that team that should lend to a deep tourney run. Just don’t see the mental fortitude it takes on the floor or bench.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Quote:

Quote:

I couldn’t disagree with you more. The Gophers may be capable of being competitive with the likes of Indiana on one very rare night but to think they can put any kind of a run together is simply foolish. When they can’t even be competetive with mediocre teams in the big ten, I don’t see how anyone can expect more than 1 or 2 wins even if they get in the tourney.

I won’t be fooled again. My eyes say they are a horrible offensive team that can’t play consistently when pressured. Tubby gets out-coached as soon as the opposing coach throws something at them like a zone. I feel bad for those kids, they have a ton of talent on that team that should lend to a deep tourney run. Just don’t see the mental fortitude it takes on the floor or bench.

BINGO, BINGO, BINGO I think we have a winner!!!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

With The gophers it’s all about style matchup. They can play with almost any teams that like to run. It is the slow down half court type of teams that they have problems with . I think we would be better off with a poor seed in the tourney. A lot of the top teams play a uptempo style of game. I think those are the teams that Minnesota can play with.

hnd

as soon as indiana switched to man to man, minnesota looked ok. they looked lost against that zone

rmartin
    United States

It is tough to win on the road. It is tough to win on the road. It is tough to win on the road. Kudos to the Gophers for a big win, but lets not forget. It is tough to win on the road.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.