Boat plywood repair??

• a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

I own a 2000 crest liner 1750 and want to get some or all of the wood redone but have a few questions…

1. Any recommendations on a good place to get it done at reasonable price??

2. How hard would it be to do myself?? Want it done right the first time…

3. Any idea on how much it would cost to do myself vs a shop

If anybody has experience with work on a similar boat I’d appreciate any input. Thanks a bunch- A.J.

marmike

A.J.

I have that same boat and year class.
    It has probably some of the same issues.
    I was referred to Stan Berry:

http://www.getboatrepair.com/aboutus.htm

I have not done anything yet with my boat.

Good Luck, Keep me posted.

trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

I’m also in the same boat…a bit older single counsel that needs a floor. I rebuild a larger boat a few years ago – not hard, just a lot of hours and contact cement.

Pete

TJ
    Hammond, WI

AJ,
    I did two boats last summer. My 1650 crestliner fish hawk and my neighbors 1750 crestliner. Both projects turned out great. Like others have said, takes more time than brains. Best advice is take care removing old pieces so that they can be used as patterns when cutting new wood. I got my plywood from Menards. Marine grade AB 3/4″…spendy but will last a life time. Used a good quality marine grade carpet (16oz). Used carpet glue on wood pieces and weldwood contact cement on lids. That should get you started…any questions just shoot me a pm. I can send you some pics if you’d like of the process.

matt-p
    White Bear Lake, MN

AJ I plan on changing some things in my boat this year because the wood is rotten so im in the same situation as you are.

let me know what you find.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.