Trailer Help

• b_hames

I am looking to trade in my 2009 18 ft shorelander trailer with rollers for an 18 ft bunk trailer. Having a hard time finding dealers that carry trailers and are willing to trade. Any advice on where to try?

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Umm, can’t you just buy a bunk kit and convert it?

b_hames

We have looked into that, but the price we got quoted to have that done was outrageous. We figured it was cheaper to trade it in on a new one. It would be four years newer and have new tires, etc.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Where are you located ?

big_g
    Isle, MN

I would guess your best bet is to buy the trailer you want, any boat dealer should be able to get a blank trailer and then sell yours outright on craigslist or something. I would imagine a dealer would not give you anywhere near the retail price that your trialer is worth.

tsamp
    eldora, iowa

Stark’s Prairie Du Chein?

fishhunter
    Stillwater, Minnesota

I just went through this last summer. He is right. Just go and pick out the trailer you want and buy it new. Once you get the boat swapped out to the new trailer, sell it on CL. Most dealers won’t touch a used trailer as they can be tough to sell. FYI. I went from rollers to bunk and can’t be happier!

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

Quote:

We have looked into that, but the price we got quoted to have that done was outrageous. We figured it was cheaper to trade it in on a new one. It would be four years newer and have new tires, etc.

Just curious, how much did they quote you to convert it? Was that for the dealership to convert it or just prices for materials?

Not a real fan of my roller either…

b_hames

About $1,200. It was a dealership. That was parts and labor.

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

About $1,200. It was a dealership. That was parts and labor.

Seriously? For some bolts, bracket material, treated 2X4 and carpet? WOW

You could probably do it yourself for less than half that price.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I have been giving some thought of going the other way from bunk to roller. I fish shallower landings and I can’t get it is far enough to float the boat. iT’S A 2003, But in pretty goodshape yet.

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Can I buy your trailer?

I need one for a boat that I am picking up that has no trailer.

Dog

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.