Rock and Roll part II

• ryan-hale
    NW Ia

There was a post about being too old to R & R on the site a few months ago-do you remember?
    Anyway can I get some feedback on those of you who seen the Metallica/Godsmack show? We went Wenesday night and seen the show in Omaha.Great show!!! This is my 2nd Metallica show now and they are a great band.
    Lets here it guys.
    Ryan Hale

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

Ryan,
    They don’t play up here at the Xcel until August 16th. I’ll post a review then! Really looking forward to it. I last saw Metallica when they came with Faith No More and Gun’s n Roses, that show was pretty cool, and they blew GNR off of the stage!
    Steve

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

And GNR was the headliner! So many people in the seats were

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

What I remember most of the GNR show was Axel changing clothes about 10 times, and Slash spending most of his time doing rather long guitar solos. I guess Axel’s voice wasn’t up to his standards, so they didn’t do many songs. Also, if I remember correctly, the weather was pretty crazy outside, and I had to walk from the Metrodome to St Anthony Main to get to my car. Pretty wet by the time I got there!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I left before the heaven’s cried all over that pathetic GNR showing. It had already rained once but we were able to stay dry until we reached the ramp.

Long guitar solos and ……. remember all the cover tunes? It was like “Axel does Mick Jagger”…. then “Slash does Keith Richards”….. and “Hey, our drummer’s from MN! I’ll bet you’d like to see why we hired him!”….. (drum solo…………..more drum solo….. chic passes out on conrete floor……. more drum solo….. isles filling with people choking on force-fed “lame-chops”……… still more drum solo…… we go for beers…….. solo stops………….. drummer gets a beer, and Slash comes out to finish his “interupted?” solo! We left….. we could be bored in more entertaining places!

You know, you only need to look as far as their career results to clearly show who the headliner SHOULD have been EVERY NIGHT instead of swapping events to satisfy the egos.

That was weird watching Hetfield do a show without his guitar! Remember? His arm was all wrapped up from the pyro-accident they had a couple weeks earlier. Remember how lit up the crowd got when he promised he’d play the guitar again after he heals, but for now, “We’re just gonna turn rock your face off!”? Not only were we there for that moment, I got to hear it reported again the next day on MTV!

Fun reminiscing……….

jetro
    Mayer, MN

How about the Enter Sandman encore when Hetfield came out and played the guitar?
    That was awesome!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

You know……… in the back of my mind I was thinking that something like that took place but I wasn’t positive if I’d seen it or seen it later on MTV. Thanks for clarifying that!

Shoot……… I guess the memory is the first to go…. I still have all my hair!!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I’m still waiting to hear some of the Kid’s Rock and Roll !!

Still-a-kid2 that is !!!

superdave
    NE IA

I sure would have loved to see ’em on tour after the kill ’em all album came out, now that would be a good show. With there last couple albums they turned to much toward the mainstream, trying to be cool by changing there sound and stuff. And that napster thing with them really turned me off toward them to.

bassguy
    MANKATO

I SAW METALLICA AT THE MINNEAPOLIS ORPHIEM THEATER IN 1986 DURING THE MASTER OF PUPPETS TOUR. WE PAID $12.50 AT THE DOOR HALF WAY THROUGH ARMORED SAINT’S OPENING SET. THE SEATS WERE ON MAIN FLOOR AND METALLICA WITH CLIFF WERE AWSOME. HIGHLITE OF THE SHOW FOR ME WAS THE ENCORE OF DAMAGED INCORPORATED. I’M 38 AND STILL CRANKIN’ THEM ON AND OFF THE WATER.

danwi
    westby wi

i picked up my journey concert tickets yesterday. went last yr an seen BTO an Eddie Money.Oh! by the way,I’m 52 an lovin it

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Dan..

I’ll be at the concert as well!! ROCK ON!!!

smoothy
    Marshalltown, Iowa

I’ve got tickets to Metallica in Ames Aug 31. This will be my third time seeing them, Can’t wait.
    I also hit ozzfest when I can.
    Smoothy-33 y/o

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Went to see Kid Rock Friday night in Omaha.What a show!!!Metallica is my band but Kid Rock put on a better show in my opinion.I was very impressed with how talented he was.Did solo’s on the guitar,drums,turn tables, and keyboards.And Kid loves the the go ole’ U.S.A.
    Ryan Hale

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

RIGGY, you still crank the Armored Saint too? One of the most under rated metal talents of the era! They had the better tone in that day…… notice Metallica kept some of their “tin” but adopted a heavier middy sound on the next record? They kept it recognizeable but beefed it up a lot! Kirk also took some mentoring from “the Satch” before recording “And Justice For All”. Being surrounded with some real up and coming talents and changes, their management was forced to recognize and consider the changes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.