Got Wind…We did!!!

• kevinneve
    Devils Lake ND area

Here a few photos of the effects of the high winds we had Tuesday and Wednesday on Devils Lake. We had wind for two days around 40 MPH.

The photos were taken a half mile north of Minnewaukan on Highway 281

kevinneve
    Devils Lake ND area

Number two

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Time to raise the HWY again? That looks absolutely NASTY. Did you cross there or did you have to “circle around” and take a different route? I’m not sure if I would have had the guts to make the crossing after all the Real TV episodes I’ve seen of some guy in a pick up truck trying to cross a flooded road. They never seem to end real well for the guy OR the truck.

kevinneve
    Devils Lake ND area

No plans to raise the road anymore. Next summer construction starts on dry land. 281 will be routed around Minnewaukan. Then I no longer will have semis going a hundred MPH through town in my front yard.

The ND DOT is pulling the rip rap up out of the water as I write this so it will have a three foot or so high buffer. That should have been done earlier. The wave action basically ate the shoulder away to the road. I hope it holds out so I don’t have to travel on gravel to the nearest boat ramp. It looks like our ramp is shot too. The Game and Fish are planning to build a new one just south of town but we won’t have one by Memerial Day. Our ramp is the busiest on the lake but we don’t get the respect we think we deserve

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Quote:

Time to raise the HWY again? That looks absolutely NASTY. Did you cross there or did you have to “circle around” and take a different route? I’m not sure if I would have had the guts to make the crossing after all the Real TV episodes I’ve seen of some guy in a pick up truck trying to cross a flooded road. They never seem to end real well for the guy OR the truck.

That’s cuz they never film the guys that make it…….. it ruins their show!

TBeirl514
    Covington Indiana

Inside bend==windblown shore== plastic or crankbait,what do you think?

kevinneve
    Devils Lake ND area

I recommend a casting crankbaits in this situation as shown above.

I favor long casts into the shoreline. You get back a half mile and let it go.

Monofilament has too much stretch. Fireline works best.

Boat control is essential.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.