Bass Pro Shops

• derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Do not use Bass Pro shops 2-day shipping. Twice now I paid extra for express shipping and got my merchandise 6 days later. Its a scam. There excuse… “the warehouse screwed up”

Never blame other parts of your company, take some responsibility already…

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Did they offer to reimburse you for the additional shipping?

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

The first time they didnt and blamed it on the shipper, this time I demanded it and they said they would credit my CC. I needed an item very badly before the weekend that my local stores didnt carry.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I feel for you. My gal has been fighting with FedEx for weeks now over a package they left outside of a secure-locked 4 plex w/o a signature. Apparently the package was just left there hoping the right person would claim it and others would ignore it. No signature is on file for the delivery and they can’t produce the package.

They messed up. They messed big. But they’re not “big” enough to make it right.

Go brown!

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Ouch, Hopefully the item was insured. Ironically, Bass Pro blamed Fedex last time. I drove for Fedex for three years ten years ago and back then we would have gotten a day off for a stunt like that. They are just trying to ship too many items to keep up with UPS and Postal Service. I knew something was up when I just got my confirmation e-mail today.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Everyone goofs up. It’s ok to make mistakes. (makes us smarter!) But to break all the rules by not requiring the signature as was stipulated by the sender is just not good practice.

Our overall experience with FedEx has been good. This was not our “usual” driver. My guess is the new guy was behind on his route and was cutting corners.

kevinneve
    Devils Lake ND area

I lived in a very small town in SW ND a few years ago. UPS was having driver problems, a strike maybe so they had substitue drivers. They were way behind. We didn’t have street numbers so we used 111 Main St as an address just so we could use UPS which won’t take a box number. The regular guys knew were we all lived. That night I was in the local watering hole during the middle of a blizzard at 8 O’clock at night when the UPS guy found me. He stopped at the only other business in town, a Cenex gas station, and asked were I lived. They saw my truck down the street by the bar so he delivered my order there. He was on his way home so he dropped it off.

buckethead

I’ve ordered from these guys twice, used standard shipping and got my product in 3-5 days. Don’t pay the expedite fee, there’s no reason to!

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I needed my order by tommorow. I have no problem with their regular shipping.

MrBig
    Plymouth, MN

I too am disappointed in them! I ordered some jigs from a website that was linked to theirs which said there were 10 jigs per pack. When they arrived, there were only 8 per pack. I emailed them and all they said is sorry for the error on the website and they were changing it. I wrote back stating that any retail store that posts a price would honor that so I was disappointed in their reply since I didn’t get what I paid for. Now they forwarded my message to someone else in Customer Service so I’ll see what comes from it. Hopefully they’ll do the right thing and offer me something extra to make up for the difference.

kevinneve
    Devils Lake ND area

I don’t order from BNPS. I stick mainly to Cabels and I have found that it doesn’t work to pay for the expedited delivery. It takes two-three days when the regular shipping comes in three-four.

It might work if you called customer service and told them the situation. Maybe then it has a chance.

MrBig
    Plymouth, MN

Alright, now all is resolved and I’m happy. They explained that there’s a disclaimer on all sites that they aren’t responsible for errors. Ah!!! But they were going to make it up to me and send me an additional package so I’d get more than what I had paid for. They’re even sending a different color, so I’m completely satisfied!

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I too have had my bouts with Bass Pro and FedEx. They have delivered merchandise to wrong addresses three timess now where a signature is required? I finally put a hold/pick up request in so I drive there and pick it up.
    I have given up on Bass Pro. Its local, Cabelas, or other internet sites for me.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I don’t deal with Fed Ex at all but I do deal with Bass Pro and have had multiple orders along with address changes and never once had a problem. Granted, I never paid for the express shipping either, but they’ve been good to me.

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

I work part time at Trail’s End Pro Bass in Fridley, MN.

Bass Pro Shops is one of our main wholesalers. If you live in the area stop in, we charge a flat rate of $2.00 for shipping, no matter what size or weight. We put our order in on Monday mornings and usually have all our stuff first thing Friday morning or sometimes even Thursday, if the item is in stock. Plus, you get to deal with real people not just a voice over the phone. Scott, Tim and Denny can fix you up right and find just about anything you are looking for.

Dan

Hawg Hunters Guide Service

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.