LP regulators

• Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I couldn’t find any markings or anything else that would distinguish a model or type of gas regulator on my turkey fryer. Are they all the same? Same as a gas grill? The fryer flame went to a lame yellow and is bellowing a ton of black smoke. Regardless of adjusting the dial for air at the burner, the flame just stayed the whimpy yellow. Turning the reg up higher would increase the flame size, but not the intensity. I don’t know a lot about LP regulators, and I’m considering taking the one off my old gas grill.

aquajoe
    Minnetonka, MN.

Need to figure out if it is high pressure or low pressure. I am not sure how to tell that.

tsamp
    eldora, iowa

Good plan. I f new regulator does the same thing, check for blockages in the burner or hose.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

I have seen different pressures from 5-15 psi on cookers, the higher pressures work better. I have also seen needle valves to control the flow amount on a set pressure reg. In addition I have seen regulators that increase the pressure to control the intensity of the flame.
    I have also seen the tip that screws into the sank get plugged. A drill bit run into the fitting can fix that. Good luck, many set up styles out there.

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

check all the orfices in the burner. spiders and other insects like to get in there and make nests and lay eggs and plug them up. i had the same problems that you discribe and just a good cleaning of the burner was the fix

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

check all the orfices in the burner. spiders and other insects like to get in there and make nests and lay eggs and plug them up. i had the same problems that you discribe and just a good cleaning of the burner was the fix

X2

Big problem with propane, take it apart and wash out, dry completely. blowing water and stuff out of burners and such with an air hose imho

Not sure on turkey fryers but most LP residential stuff is 11″ WC if I remember right

Al

big_g
    Isle, MN

sometimes taking it inside and warming up will get it working again… moisture in regulator freezes it and no go

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.