Minnesota Inland Lake Walleye Opener Poll:

• Steve Plantz
    SE MN

I like to fish the river on the opener and avoid the crowds. I uswally head up north a couple weeks later.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

What’s an opener. I fish the river. [choice on poll]

I can see that Jon has become a river addict besides a Mille Lacs Lake addict.

Thanks, Bill

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

well for those who care, I will be sweating while i work. seeing how i am not quite good enough with a fishing pole to make a living with it, but I will be thinking of all you guys and gals out there fishing and relaxing. I may be getting out a day or two after the opener weekend is done.

shane

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Yes Bill, I’m pretty excited to get back out on the big pond. I’ll be one of the many out there at midnight.

Bring it on. A little over 100 hours and counting!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Now that I think about it this year I will be heading to Big Stone for the opener to fish the RCL, so I will be fighting the crowds also

Quote:

I like to fish the river on the opener and avoid the crowds. I uswally head up north a couple weeks later.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Steve,

The “Opener” out on Big Stone was April 24th. And technically it’s just a wide spot in the Minnesota River, kinda like Lake Pepin.

Lot’s of water to fish, I don’t think it will be crowded.

Good Luck.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

I guess I should clarify what I meant I don’t mind crowded water that much, want drives me is the heavy traffic and all the idiots on the road

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.