What to order at Manny’s Steakhouse?

• kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Going to Manny’s tonight for the first time ever. Work function, so my understanding is I can order whatever I want.

So, give me some suggestions on what cut of steak to order. Not much of a steak fan, I know, man points gone. Can’t do anything rare or medium, so the cut will need to still be good cooked to med-well.

Manny’s

Thanks!!

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

PorterHouse with mushrooms and Onions, you will not be able to eat it all.

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Pork Chop and they have excellent seafood as well.

Enjoy….

Dog

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Well?? ish….

Maybe order the triple seafood tower, at $200 there’s gotta be something on it you’ll like.

Ya, mushrooms and onions on either the porterhouse or bone in ribeye, ribeye be my choice.

Al

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Filet. That Port house is ginormous!

john23
    St. Paul, MN

If you don’t like steak, consider ordering something else??? Otherwise, get a cut with a little more fat in it like a ribeye and order it medium well, not well done. The hashbrowns are an awesome side dish, and the chocolate cake is a giant (and tasty) dessert. You can always ask the waiter for recommendations, too. They’re a little snooty at Manny’s, but if you appear confident instead of doubtful when you ask questions they will be just fine. Have fun!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

If Steak isn’t to your liking..

Order the chicken strip basket

Seriously Kooty.. the Porterhouse would be perfect med well

I Love That Place !!!

kooty
    Keymaster

It’s not that I don’t like a good steak. It’s seriously a phobia or something. I can’t eat, watch anyone eat etc.. if the steak is bloody/pink. Great, my man card is now empty of all points.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

I older I get the less steak I eat. When in doubt Pork chops or Chicken breast will do the trick for me.

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

Once you see the bludgeon of beef in person the decision will be easy. In all seriousness you can’t go wrong with a filet but make sure you get the hashbrowns!! They are the best!

zooks

Quote:

It’s not that I don’t like a good steak. It’s seriously a phobia or something. I can’t eat, watch anyone eat etc.. if the steak is bloody/pink. Great, my man card is now empty of all points.

You know that’s not blood, right? And if you can’t watch anyone else eat a steak that way either, you might have a tough time watching your co-workers dig in.

Regardless, if you insist on cooking a steak past medium, I would definitely consider seafood. There’s salmon on the regular menu but I spied stone crab claws as a special…

Have fun!

kooty
    Keymaster

Haha. Cripes I field dress deer, pheasants, turkeys, geese, you name it. Cut em up and process them. None of that bothers me. Not sure why I was so lucky getting this “problem”.

I’m having steak. Seems silly to have seafood in this part of the country.

Welcome to IDO!

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

Quote:

Yes please!!

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

Damn it, I just ate and now you made me hungry again.

fishnutbob
    Walker, Mn.

Kooty, Filet medium rare please big glass of red wine

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

What did you go with? And how was it?

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

I’m late but my wife and I went for my birthday last year. We split a 24oz tenderloin. It was fantastic. They even cut it in half and did mine rare and the wife’s medium well. Great place, great food, great service.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

You know that’s not blood, right?

I’ve been telling people that for years without really having researched it. Its the broken down cells, right? At least that is what I assumed it is.

We still enjoy steak here now and again, but have cut back as we got older too. I used to hate turkey burgers, but now I love them. We eat a ton of chicken, turkey and salmon and other fish now.

kooty
    Keymaster

I had the large fillet. Since I didn’t get to order the sides, no has browns. Although the bacon slabs and mushrooms were very good.

The service was great and the steak was cut with a fork tender. It was very good.

On another note, man do I feel out of place downtown. The short skirts were eye catching, but wow was I glad to be heading out shortly after my meal.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’ve worked in the city and been there many times. I still don’t really like it. Give me some dive bar/restaurant in the suburbs or better yet, on a lake.

However I agree, there is no better place to ogle.

aquajoe
    Minnetonka, MN.

Go with the Lobster.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.