Boat Cover

• mojemann
    Concord, MA

I was wondering if people use a boat cover when trailering their boats for more than just a short trip. I am a first time boat owner and I am picking up my boat in a few days. The dealer is about an hour away. There is a lot of construction going on around here on the highways and I am starting to wonder if I should get a trailerable cover before I go to pick up my boat. Any thoughts ? and where is the best place to look for a cover ?
    – thanks

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I’d go with the cover, no doubt !! I trailer my boat all over the place, it keeps the crud out of the boat. If your parking it outside it keeps the bird drippings out…if your staying at a resort it keeps people out…if your boat is parked outside it keeps the sun from doing damage to the inside..I’d say get in contact with your boat dealer on the best cover for your boat…There are also several custom boat cover people that can do a great job on snap on covers too…snap on covers are my choice(even though i don’t own one) this is because when trailering your boat with the cover on, the material that comes over the edge of the boat is in contact with the paint job causing the paint to get scuffed up…not good…

good luck !!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

If you go with a custom cover ask for a material called Top Gun it is allot more durable than canvas and will last allot longer, it is a bit more spendy but well worth the extra cost.

newt
    Pillager, MN

…everything ecnook mentioned and if you pull tubers it is nice to not have to tie down your tube or not worry about it flying out of your boat going down the highway. The wife bought me a custom canvas cover a few years ago, it’s good to have! (cover that is) …well the wife’s not to bad either.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.