Telephone number

• Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Here is a math trick so unbelievable that it will stump you.

1. Grab a calculator. (you won’t be able to do this one in your head)

2. Key in the first three digits of your phone number (NOT the area code)

3. Multiply by 80

4. Add 1

5. Multiply by 250

6. Add the last 4 digits of your phone number

7. Add the last 4 digits of your phone number again.

8. Subtract 250

9. Divide number by 2

Do you recognize the answer?

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

That’s a little spooky.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

That is cool but I gotta know who has the time to figure out something like that.

Gator Hunter

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Yep………..saw it coming! The only thing that works with everyone’s phone number is their phone number. Clues to see how it was formulated are pretty simple. Multiply by 80 guarantees an even whole number. Adding “1” and multiplying by 250 guarantees the extra 250 you deduct later. You add your last 4 digits twice to accomodate dividing in half. It’s just numerical beer goggles!

So……… for a reality check, what’s worse than having the proper mix of time and boredem to create this faux diamond of intellectual brilliance? The time and boredem to analyze it! I’ll just go now…………..

Don Hanson

Kid you are in serious need of therapy! About 8 hours in my boat should do the trick! Or it will at least get you back on the right track.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Yeah…………… you might be right……….but are you sure 8 hours is enough? I’ve never doubted you before but………… I’m feelin’ it pretty bad today!

Maybe a good splash of water in the face is in order………. Can I ride behind the prop again???

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

You’re right Kid. I did the math also. But as far as time and boredom, we probably shouldn’t talk after our Uff-dah songs. Maybe we should try shore fishing in a drainage ditch.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

………………… You’re too right my friend…………… TOOOO RIGHT!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.