Trout– Coon Creek – Coon Valley

• mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

As anybody knows that has visited my website I started fishing trout in Coon Creek at a very young age. To make a long story short I spent my first serious day on the Trout yesterday. I wasn’t fishing I was showing Brad(13), Sarah(14), where my “secret” holes were when I was young. Amazingly about 75% of them still held bigger than average fish. Pictures aren’t ready yet but Brad caught a very skinny 17 incher and they caught seven from 12-15 inches. Obviously they kept some smaller ones that were bleeding even without the barb,(when the pictures are done). Also a bunch more smaller fish, and a couple of monster suckers. All in all one of the most pleasant fishing trips in 20 years. By the way these two kids aren’t normal,(big surprise), ….. they have the same gotta fish illness that I had. We also had the surprise of watching a 20″ plus
    trout dart out from a rock and follow the bait to the top and never bite.
    Probably the coolest part was the crystal clear water that allowed us to watch the fish fight from about 5 inches of the bottom to shore. Most fish were in 3-6 ft deep holes and caught on barbless hooks with a grub sized piece of nightcrawler on medium light spincasters.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.