jighead colors or patterns

• jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

Ive been painting jigheads alot in the last year or so and was wondering what your favorite colors or patterns are on a jighead. Just trying to get some ideas. So far my favorite is firetiger, chart with pink eye and junebug with chart collar.

MuskyPRIDE

Never tried it but try black with chartreuse eyes

jiggin-rake

Ooo that does sound good thanks

BBKK
    IA

My favorite, and the best performer here on the miss over the past 3 years has been…. are you ready for it? UNPAINTED. Yup, just a straight up lead jig head. Outproduces colored ones nearly every day, except for 2 days last year where orange kicked butt. Unpainted catches around 1000 walleyes every year for our group and painted does not even come close.

igotone

Quote:

My favorite, and the best performer here on the miss over the past 3 years has been…. are you ready for it? UNPAINTED. Yup, just a straight up lead jig head. Outproduces colored ones nearly every day, except for 2 days last year where orange kicked butt. Unpainted catches around 1000 walleyes every year for our group and painted does not even come close.

same here – unpainted!!

gundez-71
    South Minnesota

For crappie and sunfish flourescent yellow is the go to color. In the winter purple works well. Just my 2 cents

Gundy

jiggin-rake

Thanks guys! Keep em coming

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Unpainted, Purple w/ Chart eyes, Red w/ Chart eyes, Black w/ Chart eyes, Orange w/ black eyes, Pink w/ White eyes, those are the colors I mainly paint.
    Good Luck finding your own color combos is half the fun of painting

Ron

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

I like the unpainted ones too. But it takes so long to scrape paint off to make them.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

After giving up a hobby of 10 years of Jig making,painting, tying and selling I have learned one thing..

Colors catch more fisherman than fish, I concentrate more on weight than colors,weather I am fishing with hair,meat or plastics I tend to stay with 5 basic colors. Plain ,black ,orange or firetiger and blue.

JMHO Jeff

LimpFish
    Lino Lakes, Minnesota

X2 on plain/lead, followed by black. When I do paint using other colors, it’s pretty much always two-tone (sometimes adding a splash of a third color).

><(((>

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.