tent camping at Father Hennepin Park

• amruger204

we have never fished the lake up there and was thing about going up on september 20th we camp in a tent just wondering if some one could tell me if the camp ground is tent friendly or just RV’s

thanks let me know please

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Very tent friendly. They have a few sites right on the lake. Its my favorite state park.

amruger204

thanks for the help any pointers on were to start to fish and with what at that time of year?

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

From there I would troll spinners out on the 4 and 5 mile gravel during the day and slip bobber fish the sharp edges of Otto reef or the Graveyard in the evening.

sharptailer
    IGH, MN

Was just up there. Try to get sites 1, 2, 3, or 4 in the lakeview campground

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

By Sept 20th the perch should be moving into the reeds in Isle bay. Litterally just a few yards off the docks there at the park. Good daytime bite. Look to spend some time trolling cranks shallow in the evening/night for walleye. You won’t need to go far for that bite either!

-J.

lots-of-luck
    Mayer, MN

Just for the heck of it I threw in September 20th and had you staying three nights and this is what came up. The DNR site is great because you can scroll over the camp sites and see a picture of each campsite along with some statistics. Have fun!

LimpFish
    Lino Lakes, Minnesota

My favorite State Park too

Personally, if I couldn’t get one of the lakeside sites in the Lakeview Loop, I’d go to the Maple Grove loop, as it’s spread out a bit more. The trade off is that you can’t really see the lake from there if the leaves are still up…which should hopefully be full of fall color

Have a great time!

><(((>

amruger204

i cannot believe how much information i have recieved back from everyone thanks for you help must say this is the best site i have been on when it comes to friendly people and advise.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.