Everts Resort Get Together is Saturday, Sept. 28

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Since it’s 1 am and Steve is sawing wood…
    Just before the Ride and Drive starts at 1 pm launching will be at the first (furthest down stream) ramp and there will be a shuttle to the back 40 (township park) or the top of the hill. Both ways.

In the morning, the 3 ramps furthest down stream will be open. Again, parking will be in the back 40 until full, then the top of the hill.

Please do not park on the tar road going up to County Road K.

Last I heard we’ll have a traffic “cop” helping to direct parking. Don’t worry…who ever it is doesn’t yell.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

Here’s a chance to rub elbows with many of the In-Depth Outdoors and Everts Fishing Resort regulars, catch a few fish and tell your biggest fishing lies!

Not to worry if you’re a lurker or not a member of IDO, everyone is welcome just as same! All the folks at Everts will make you feel at home!

The new Everts Resort Managers, Steve and Kari Weber (and little Jimmy) will be making rounds trying to meet everyone.

Friday night, Sept 28th:

Friday is an open night. In the past, people have used this as a time to fish, eat, socialize, chat, play cards, sit around the Famous Everts Resort Campfire, etc.

Saturday, Sept 29th.

Saturday morning, the “fishing derby” will begin and run until about 1pm. Jason Pitts aka Rookie has the details and will answer questions at the link provided below.

Fishing Derby Rules HERE<

TEST RIDE AND DRIVES!

Skeeter Boat Center Ride and Drive!
    Skeeter Boat Center<

For those that take a ride in one of the Skeeter’s Models, don’t forget to ask for your drawing ticket for a chance to win a brand new fishing rod from Skeeter Boat Center and Anglers Guide Headquarters!
    Test Drive Hours 1-4pm or longer if needed.

Bay City Hardware and Marine Ride and Drive!
    Bay City Hardware and Marine<

Our friends from Bay City Hardware and Marine will be on hand to take folks out for a test drive in a beautiful new Alumacraft Boat.

As an added Bonus, the Hobie Pro Angler 14 Kayak will be available for a test drive. **Don’t forget to ask about Kayak Rentals and Guided Kayak Tours!**

Warrior Boats Test Drives
    Warrior Boats<

The folks from Warrior Boats will be on hand to answer questions by taking you for a test drive!

Just in! Warrior Boats will be giving away a FREE 8hr Guide trip with Brett King! Enter by taking a ride in one of our boats on the 29th!

From approximately 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm, we’ll announce the winners of the fishing contests and the Skeeter Boat Center Fishing Rod drawing presided over by Mr. Dean Marshall.

From approximately 4:30 pm to 5:30pm, Brett King, AIM Angler of the Year in 2011 will provide a seminar on walleye fishing. The presentation will include key tips for fishing Pool 4 in fall.

After the seminar, we’ll begin the line up for the Brat and Burger Dinner. There will be soda and water furnished by Everts. Other beverages are on your own.

Please send an RSVP PM or EMAIL letting Steve and Kari know you’re planning on attending dinner. They want to ensure there’s plenty of food to go around!

Private Message Steve and Kari @ Everts<
    [email protected]

After dinner, again is open for people to fish, socialize, play cards, etc.

Sunday, Sept. 30th

Sunday, people are welcome to fish and relax at the Resort.
    More details for early riser may follow…stay tuned!

Over night lodging/camping at Everts.

Everts Resort has cabins available for this weekend. Each Cabin will accommodate up to 8 people. Please call/email/pm Kari or Steve for availability and prices.

You will need to reserve your lodging early!

Everts Resort
    N1705 860th St.
    Hager City, WI 54014

Phone: (715) 792-2333
    Fax: (715) 792-2462
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Private Message Steve and Kari @ Everts<

See you all on the weekend of Sept 28th!!

Just IN! Bay City Hardware and Marine will be giving away a Lowrance Elite 5 unit to some luck person that goes for a ride and drive in their new Alumacrafts!!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Looking forward to this weekend. Should be a great time. Of course its hard to have a bad time at Everts. Will be rolling in sometime on Friday and making a weekend of it.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Hey Mike, after the tourney I know a couple spots to pitch some gold 1/4 BfishN Tackle blades to.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

ARE THEY GONNA SHUT DOWN THE PLACE AFTER THIS BIG HOOT-N-HOLLER??? i’m gonna be in red wing/ hagar city on monday oct 1 and would like to see what IDO headquaters looks like!!!

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Quote:

ARE THEY GONNA SHUT DOWN THE PLACE AFTER THIS BIG HOOT-N-HOLLER??? i’m gonna be in red wing/ hagar city on monday oct 1 and would like to see what IDO headquaters looks like!!!

….PLEASE.! Stop bye. Not sure if Dustin or James will be there thuoo. rrr..

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Quote:

Steve & Kari,

Any updates ?? Latest and greatest ?? Bite ??

..Where you get the 29 pool 2 or everts main dock. lol

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Does the place in Hager City still have a Friday night fish fry going. Dont get to eat much fish fishing pool 2 all the time.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I’m bringing the poker chips.

-J.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Quote:

-J.

What is the buy in usually?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Sturdiwheat pancakes.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Quote:

Quote:

-J.

What is the buy in usually?

Usually not much. More of a fun game than anything.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

What does Everts have for bait? Willow cats? Creek Chubs? Leaches? Beer?

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

Bait for fish or bait for fishermen?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

From approximately 4:30 pm to 5:30pm, Brett King, AIM Angler of the Year in 2011 will provide a seminar on walleye fishing. The presentation will include key tips for fishing Pool 4 in fall.

The topic of Brett’s seminar will be on “Pitching Jigs on the River”.

Some questions answered will be:

* What’s the best gear for pitching the river?

(rod, reel, line)

* How do I know what weight to use?

* Where should I pitch?

* Boat Control. How do I aline my boat to pitch most efficiently?

Pitching is an extremely effective way to catch walleyes through out the year and at times… tourney winning BIG walleyes!

Hope to see you all there!

Please stop in the bait shop for a name tag. I’ll be the guy in the pink hat!!

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

I know the the seminar is tomorrow, I have a cabin booked for the weekend, and I can’t wait any longer I’m heading down…

Pancakes
    Bay City, WI

BK looks good in the Hobie Pro Angler. . .but he should hold out until the bluetooth upgrade is available.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I was amazed at how fast that Hobie Pro Angler could go with so little effort! Built in rod holders, bait well and tackle storage too.

Now I understand why kayaking is becoming so popular.

I know Bay City Hardware and Marine has weekly, daily and hourly rentals along with guided kayak trips, but do you have guided Trophy Catfishing trips in kayaks?

Maybe we should talk?

Corey Rhymer
    Roberts, WI

Was nice hanging out for the little time I was up there, work really limited me this weekend. It was nice putting faces to names and hearing some stories and laughs from some of you. I guess, I will see some of you next week on the P2 GTG as well, see you then.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

well. i stopped by yesterday, monday, to visit about 9;45 am and about everyone was still sleeping.

rumor has it maybe a bit to much sconnie hootch and some bad catfish bean dip?????????

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I had two Lime-a-ritas all weekend.

Should have stopped in Sunday morning for payback to the IA guys next to me.

Gunfire and sirens. Wake up calls just don’t get any better!

Sorry I missed you Glenn!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Those lima-rites are good on a hot day over cold ice. Not bad for malt liquor.

Viewing 22 posts - 61 through 82 (of 82 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.