Birthday gift for wife…help!

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’m one of those guys that did something wrong in an earlier life and being punished for it now…

Mothers Day is the 8th and my wife’s birthday is..um, um…the 12th.(Normally the MN fishing opener is in there too)

So I’m going all out with her this year…and have decided to by her a case of beer this time…I know, a few of you are thinking that I spoil her…but she does take good care of me and she worth it.

My question is…I want to go all out here…so what kind of beer should I get her? I don’t drink a lot of “other” beers…I’m kinda stuck on Cold Spring…but for my wife…price doesn’t matter.

Thanks for the help guys and I hope ladies!

James? Do you have a smiley like this ” ” only with it’s teeth knocked out? I may need one….

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

will this work?——->

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

How about a case of Pabst Blue Ribbon and large bottle of Advil!!

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

I almost yearly buy my wife a new fishing rod for her birthday.
    Of course it takes me about that long to wear it out!

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Yes,, they can always use new poles. I just bought my gal a new St.Croix/Shimano combo. I said, heres your new combo honey, She said, thats what you always say, then you always use it when I’m not in the boat. I told her they cant stay idle for long or they will rust up..

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

Here is a few to try…
    1. Every other letter beer AKA SCHMIDT
    2. Dog Style AKA Old Style
    3. Blatz Light
    4. Hamms
    Hope this helps

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Jake…thanks for the effort…but it’s not beat up enough…

Sandbar…Isn’t Pabst a little too expensive?

Hooks….I bought her a Quantum cat rod and an Ambassidor 7000 about a month ago…last year when I bought her a St Croix rod set up…she was kinda begging for me not to get her anymore fishing equipment…instead she wanted something more practical…like a vacuum cleaner, food processer…stuff like that. That’s why I’m kinda leaning for the case of beer. Good thought though!

Derek, I have strict orders that I can’t use her rods. And the husband that I am, I abide by that. That’s why when I buy a rod for her, I always get two.

Haywood…”Dog Style”? We ARE talking about beer here….right?

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

last year my wife got a doz of roses and a doz rapala’s. would you know it, the roses were the wrong color! i think she is down to 6 or 7 rap’s. she lost a few to the toothy critters last fall. this year i think that the roses are out! a new boat to pull the rapala’s with is the ticket. i got till oct to come up with something.

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

BrianK,
    I think the Advil cost more than the Pabst.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Puddlepounder…I only have 13 days left…but do you think if I got her a new boat…should I cut the beer down to a 6 pack?

Sandbar…I’ve always liked the little blue ribbons on the bottles…and the Advil bottles kinda match. Color coordination is important to women…I hear.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Whatever you get her…………..EVER…….. always make sure it comes complete with a “Dammit Doll”. The idea is for her to take it all out on the doll instead of you, so you don’t have to look like Jake……………… err, I mean…… Jake’s little character example dude. You need horns to look like Jake. If you’re wondering where to get one of these, I don’t know either but in a pinch, garage sale treasures cleverly recreated will do just as well.

kevinneve
    Devils Lake ND area

Get her a new Warrior Boat and tell her the color matches her eyes.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Hand her a box of Mich Golden Light and tell her that she is prettier than a ten pound walleye. That’s how I got my wife.

Gator Hunter

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Eww Kevin! I didn’t know you are the romantic type…but now that I think about it…hanging around Wade…It was bound to rub off.

Gator… I spoke with your wife…that’s what she allows you to believe. She told me that you reminded her of a 40 lbs catfish when she saw you from a distance…and the beer was a nice added touch

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Honestly, I really try to put an extra effort into these special days for my wife. We has always been there for me and I like to give back when I can.

Lets face it guys, being the wife of a outdoorsman can’t be easy. My wife has gotten up at 4 am to pack me a lunch before a hunting trip. She has dealt with deer hair and scrubbing blood off the garage floor after deer hunting. She knows that it doesn’t matter when I say I’ll be home from fishing, I’ll be pulling into the driveway 1/2 hour after dark. She has never complained that every vacation we take is on a lake. The list goes on and on. She never even complained when I was late for our wedding party because of a fishing tournament.

I think giving my wife and family 100% devotion on these special days is the only way to go.

By the way, she is prettier than a ten pound walleye too.

Gator Hunter

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

I have sort of the same problem. My wife’s birthday is the 9th of Feb, yep just a week before Valentine’s day. I have in the past found that a nice little book of coupons for things that you’ll do for her. You know like 1 hour of uninterupted quiet time, 1 free day to do whatever she wants, coupon for you doing dishes, etc. My wife likes these, and she usually doesn’t cash them all in. Otherwise, you can hardly go wrong with roses and beer.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Seriously, get her a gift certificate for a local spa for manicure/massage. That one works everytime. She’ll have the boat hooked up to the truck in your driveway when you get home from work for a week. Spalon Montage. 952-915-2900. 3 locations. One in Woodbury. Go for it.

cherilovell
    Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

Hey, heres a thought, if she wants something for the house and you want to include alcohol – heres my idea. A smoothy maker (or new blender if you already have one) with a gift basket filled with stuff to make strawberry margartias, margartia glasses, strawberry scented lotions and candles and a gift certificate to a mexican restaurant. Then you have all your bases covered.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Hey Carpgirl! That sounds like a winner to me…I think I’ll get a certificate to the spa too…Do you think I should get one for her too?

I see you have a mug shot now…they are just a little small for my old eyes. What cha holding?

jwellsy

You could buy her a hi-ball,
    if she promises to get you a Heiny.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

well, for my wifes birthday last year. I went to the jewlery store and got her a pinkie ring. it is a yellow diamond, 1/2 carrot, and had it sized. however the one that she like best was when i produced a hand written poem, written with my own words, tied to a single rose with red ribbon.

shane

cherilovell

Quote:

Hey Carpgirl! That sounds like a winner to me…I think I’ll get a certificate to the spa too…Do you think I should get one for her too?

I see you have a mug shot now…they are just a little small for my old eyes. What cha holding?

Glad you liked the idea. As for what I am holding, that was my first (and only so far) dog fish – caught it on an ultra lite with 2lb test.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Those doggies are fighters! And on 2#? What fun!
    Hmmm, I was thinking…but I guess it won’t work….

If you’re holding a dog fish in your mug shot your handle should be doggirl…. I think you should keep it Carpgirl!

I just came back from a fruitless cat fishing trip and am a little …dizzly. Please excuse me.

Ps Shane, I did the hand written note…less the rose the first year we were married….whew, I’ll never do that again. I think she said something about “you cheap #%@$#”. Don’t recall exactly…

Pss….I should say too, that when I married my wife (or she married me) was the best thing that happened in my life. She puts up with a lot (as Gator mentioned). I pick on her a lot (because she’s left handed) but I love her.

Think she’ll let me go fishing Sunday when she reads this?

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Brian, I have the solution for you. Go to your local Norweigan store and buy about 5 lbs of lutefisk. It is the off season now so the stuff is prime. Come home, turn down the lights, start the water simmering, break out a bottle of chardonay, set her in her favorite recliner, massage her feet (helps the taste of the lutefisk), and cook the fish while humming a Norwegian love song. She will either be so impressed with this that you won’t be able to keep up for a week or you will be advised to go fishing with your buddies on this date for the next few years. Unforunately I married a Norwegian so fishing is out for me.

clarence_chapman
    Hastings, MN Lake Isabel activist

Don’t they make a beer named Lund or something like that?
    I know she would be impressed!!!!!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Putz…that’s what she gave me last year for MY birthday…only one year old lute!

Chappy, I think they do. It’s called Mercury….no, wait, that’s an element. Never mind.

cherilovell

Quote:

Those doggies are fighters! And on 2#? What fun!
    Hmmm, I was thinking…but I guess it won’t work….

If you’re holding a dog fish in your mug shot your handle should be doggirl…. I think you should keep it Carpgirl!

Ya, it was fun, just as much fun as carp fishing. Took 1/2 to bring her in – didn’t want have her chomp the line. As for my name – carp fishing is my game (and any other fish), but didn’t have a pic that would show up good yet.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

That’s just like my situation…just waiting for the right catfish that wants her picture taken with me…

Well, like it or not, she’s going on a 3/4 day mexican fishing charter….

Birthday/Mothers Day

If she doesn’t like it….I’ll have a whole year to ask for more help!

Thanks All!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Brian I thought this was your wife’s B-day present

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Steve! Don’t get me started…I could take that a whole differant direction!
    But all that would get me is….

I did PM a couple people about that anchor. Asking them if they are going down to P3 this weekend to be my delivery service. I asked them to PM you if they thought it would work.

Thanks again….hey, did you sell that pink “anchor”? The one with Champion on the side?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.