Toughest Sports

• skhartke
    Somerset, WI

I guess it makes sense, but I tell you I’m a lot more whipped when I’m done witha a days fishing than I am after playing pool for a few hours.
    Auto racing #32????

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

Fishing shouldn’t even be on that list…… CAUSE IT AIN’T A SPORT!!!

whatcha ya think about that

BomberA

Than how come I buy all my equipment in the “Sporting Goods” isle?

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

The biggest surprise for me was the rodeo. I think bull riding should be up there with number one. What the heck is tennis doing way up the list? I am glad I picked such an easy sport,that way I can relax and just real in the fish.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

These guys have never seen mixed martial arts or ultimate fighting. I saw Bob Sapp (former viking) a few days ago on ESPN2-6’5″ 375 of lean body mass. He fought some guy that was a solid 220lbs and dwarfed him. Close match until Bob lower a big right and the dude never recovers.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

The Gracie Family and their Gracie Jui-Jitsu have never been beaten..Even in the OCTOGON (the ring format for UFC). Their method of choke holds are unsurpassed.

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

I was not surprised to see tennis up that high, but if you’ve never played competitive tennis you wouldn’t understand. Singles, doubles, mixed doubles. 1st to six games by two, best of five sets for the match. Doubles and mixed doubles to the best of 3 sets for the match and you may play all of these in the same day or for consecutive days. Gymnastics too, it’s a sport that demands of you 365 days a year to compete at the top physically and mentally.

I’m just happy to see fishing ranked in the group as a sport at all.

Bird
    River Falls, WI

I may get slammed by a few Basketball player, but I believe Wrestling (not the WWF) should be ranked higher….especially in speed and agility!

I’m also just happy to see Fishing as a sport…Suppose with all the $ in it now it has to be. To me its more a mental sprort like chess.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Fishing! Not a sport! WHAT!!!!!!!!!

How about hitting the north side break on Mille Lacs in October @ 2am with 4′ caps out of the south because of 25-30mph south winds, while you troll east-west, in a 1991, 1675 Pro V. The bilge pump never turned off, as water continuously rolled over the bow because of harpooning waves. We had to crawl on our knees to the sides of the boat to crank in the walleyes and to net them, because you didn’t dare try to stand.

Try that for 5 hours! Talk about rattled nerves. Lots of fish and lots of big fish.

(by the way, I did choke down a full role of Rolaids in about 1 minute………)

As for being dangerous?………….Naw……..we trolled 6′ to 8′ of water. I’m 6’7″, so if we would of sank, I would of just walked to shore…………(now you know why I didn’t stand……..)

skippy783
    Dysart, IA

I would have to agree that bull riding needs to be farther up on the list. My guess why it wasnt was because it only lasts for 8 seconds at a time…although it is probably the most body abusing 8 seconds you can imagine.
    I did like seeing that fishing and auto racing was on the list. If experts classify them as sports, then i can use that when people try to tell me they aren’t sports

BomberA

Do you think it would be harder to become a professional (i.e. make a good living) fisherman than say a baseball player or football player. With the major sports a person knows what has to be done and the rules are always laid out. For a fishermen there are no rules. The fish don’t get penalized for being out of bounds or stalling when you need a bite. There is never a level playing field on the water and that makes it the most unpredictable sport, thus making it the most difficult.

Can you tell I am bored at work?

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Rodeo and NASCAR should be up there id think.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

seeing how i used to ride bulls for grins and giggles. I would have to say that it is the toughest sport not only to do, but also on the body. I don’t know to many guys that are not beaten down, sore, broke up, and have many hospital bills. then you add the fact that they don’t have a hole lot, never home, never have the time to fish, and also have no family life, unless the family goes on the road with you. I am glad that i quit when i did, I made it 7 years without breaking a bone, had a few headaches, lots of bruises and pulled and strained muscles, but nothing broken.

shane

hugh

Quote:

I may get slammed by a few Basketball player, but I believe Wrestling (not the WWF) should be ranked higher….especially in speed and agility!
    I’m also just happy to see Fishing as a sport…Suppose with all the $ in it now it has to be. To me its more a mental sprort like chess.

oooops

meant ditto wrestling

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I agree that NASCAR should be ranked very high on the list…

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

NASCAR AIN’T NO stinkin sport either ….…..

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Drag racing is preet tough on the wallet. $1,700 for 1 run.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.