DeeZee’s exercise bike!!

• DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Any current or Ex motocrossers out there?

This has been a long time passion of mine. Although I do not race anymore, I still enjoy going out on a track and pounding some good laps for an unbelievable workout whenever I have spare time,(which at times is not often enough! )

These pics were taken from last night.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

A couple more…

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

I don’t believe I would be able to walk after a night like that. Great photo’s and I think I’ll stick to fishing in my spare time. Steve

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Looks like LOTS of fun.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Better stick to ice skating Steve

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

Better stick to ice skating Steve

On second thought…better stick to fishing Steve!

Good pictures! Brought back memories of broken tail lights, run ins with the law because of the expansion chambers and frozen pistons…ha…the good old days!

ted-merdan

now i know why you bought that Ranger!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

It’s been a long time since I rode anything that hard but moto-x is a long time passion of mine! I’m currently setting money aside because I’ll soon be too old to enjoy a hard ride and I want a bike again!

What are you running there………….. 125? 250? YZ or WR?
    The places I’d ride most often are far better with a 4-strokin’ thumper but small and nimble is appealing too. Really thinking about a Kawasaki KLX 300. The low-end torqueyness of a 4-stroke motor is better suited for trees and slopholes!

Some days…….. I still dream about getting back on a CR, YZ, KX, or RM 250! Or test drive a KTM………… yeah……. Euro snort! KATOOOOM!!!

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Ahh soon as I’m inmy house I have my next bike picked out I believe, a yamaha 426, and I’m making it street legal.

Of course my user name is a motorcycle, rst is my bike an ’02 Aprilia Futura. I friggin’ love that bike

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

These pictures are from SOME time ago……..One is from just after a crash and the other is of me on my 360 Bultaco MX

Hey, anyone for a little dirt biking on the beach’s of Mille Lacs!!!!!!! Up on the hogs back…….

I had a few bikes in my time:

360 Bultaco …very fast!

400 YZ …wild thing!

400 CZ Jawa ….bad bike!

360 Yamaha MX

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Holy cow!! Look at all the red hair. Where did that go?? Cool pics guys!! I never really had the desire to ride dirt bikes. I guess I figured something that powerful and my lack of common sense just wouldn’t mix…..

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

I found one of me on the YZ getting a little air!

Oh……ya I had the red hair back in the late 70’s!!!!!

I think I noticed that this pic shows the bike with no rear fender? This one is after the crash!!!!!!The picture above shows the rear fender sitting next to me on the tail gate.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Bobber, if you look closely at the picture of you on the tail gate? You can see the words “Cool dude” coming off your lips!

You had some nice bikes!

But I’m glad I had my 250 Suzuki enduro….It’s weight kept me on the ground…well almost.

The picture was taken with an 8mm movie camera, duped on to VCR tape then capture electronicly….funny a guy can make out anything!

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

hey deezee,

where are the peddles on that bike of yours. if you had them, I can’t believe you peddled that thing to get it to go that fast. I thought that i saw dust in one of them photos. well glad to see that you have another dangerous hobby.

shane

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Steve thinks his Ranger is a dirt bike…Just ask me how many times we got her air born on Erie

redneck
    Rosemount

Former MX’er here. Back in the mid to late 70’s I kept Suzuki in business pratically single handedly. TM125 and the first 3 years of RM’s before I realized that a wife and child were more important than my high every Sunday. I still get high just thinking back to sitting on the starting gate waiting for the gate to drop. The smell of pre-mix,the atmosphere—then I think back to some Monday mornings and barely being able to get out of bed. Motocross takes a toll on the old body. I sure think back fondly on the memories. Thanks for bringing it up.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Bobber/Brian,

Those are some great photos buddy! I like the road rash shot of the knee! Thats gonna leave a mark! Although those motocross bikes aree addicting, it has claimed more than a few of broken bones racing over the years. But somehow a pure adrenalin rush that I have never experienced like sitting on the gate waiting for the gate to drop. Allt he burnt race fuel smell in the air and bikes revving high in anticipation of that gate to drop. What a rush….

Kid,

My current bike is a 2002 YZ 250. Unquestionably the hardest pulling bike I have ever owned.

I have owned the following bikes,

1982 RM125

1984 YZ125

1987 KX125

1988 YZ125

1989 YZ125

1990 Honda CR125

1992 YZ125

1994 YZ250

1996 RM 250

and now the 2002 YZ.

THe Ranger 620’s are the closest things I have found to a moto bike on the water!!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

Steve thinks his Ranger is a dirt bike…Just ask me how many times we got her air born on Erie

Steve has even been air born behind his Ranger

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Jumping two wheelers is easy. Try this.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Quote:

Jumping two wheelers is easy. Try this.

LOL!

Where did you find that fine example of redneck ingenuity? Fake doesn’t matter, that’s hilarious!

DeeZee, you ever do any woods ridin’? If so, does your YZ ever load up and foul plugs if you’re not keeping the rpms up? I haven’t kept up on the technology very well in the last 10 years but this issue has been a large contributor to the growth of competitive 4-stroke bikes. Ever get on a 400? I used to have a friend with a Honda XR350 and I owned the XL model so I could drive to the trail systems up north. Makes the aggressive responses a lot more challenging having a dp tread but that bike had LOTS of power!

I’d love a 250 for just poundin’ the dirt though! They’re incredible!

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Kid,

I have mostly raced motocross, but have had my share of woods riding over the years W/O Bark Busters….
    LEts just say my hands have never been the same and I was riding a very pipy 125 at the time as well…even worse.
    I have never had problems with fouling plugs riding the woods, stay on the pipe!! JK
    I have always had a love for the 2 stroke performance and response. However, they have come a long way in the 4 stroke development to make them very competitive over the years. Look at the supercross and the nationals now days and look how many thumpers that are out there.
    I rode for the second time this year a couple nights ago and every single muscle in my body aches yet. Getting old is a treat!!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

It’s that body ache thing that keeps my eyes on the 4-strokes. If I get into better condition, maybe I’ll try a couple years on a deuce………… but reality check still says the biggest bike I should get into right now is a KLX300. I need to “graduate” for a 250 or 400 4-stroke.

Ever get on a CR or KX500? I’ve been too afraid! Years ago, I saw a 500cc crotch rocket tested against a CR480, air cooled bike with a street tread on. Even rolling starts couldn’t save the rocket! That CR ate it up every time! The 500’s they made after the 480 blew the 480’s doors off! Knowing the power of a 250…………. off road and 500cc just seemed a bit tooooo crazy for my blood. Maybe I’d be okay on the Salt Flats………. but that’s about it!

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

A buddy of mine is a photographer and shoots motocross and snocross events. It’s off his web site. He’s got a bunch of nice stuff on there. web page

scottsteil
    Central MN

This is all making sense now. Dee Zee has the need for speed I think. Here is one from last years BB/BS event. If you look real close you can see Mr. Holst on that tube also

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.