Buying a cabin(trailor) on Lake Wapogasset in Amery

• Chad Luebker
    Annandale, MN

Hey guys,

I think I finally made a decision to buy a trailor on Lake Wapogasset. The trailor is worth 21,000 but the over all price is about 33,000. The trailor is 16 x 60, 2 bedroom, nice size kitchen, average size living room, and nice bathroom…..looks almost brand new also. I didn’t think that was to bad considering you are on a lake, with a dock and good fishing. Lake property goes for so much that it’s almost impossible to buy and build. Usually 70,000 grand just for a lot on a good lake, and that does not include a well or sewer or usually electricity even. Of course I do have to pay for lot rent which is 2500 per year but I guess that is no different than paying property taxes on a cabin anyways. Just wondering what anyone thought about this. It is a year around cabin so I could use it for ice fishing. Plus it does come with central air which would be nice on those hot days. Feed back some info if you wish.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

You could always have your brother pay for half

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

My dad and step mom own a trailer on Mille Lacs. It’s really nice that all she has to worry about, my father has passed away, is the trailer itself. No cutting grass, no raking leaves, just worrying about if the trailer needs paint, or if you should leave the air on when you go out fishing! Or should I use the ice from the ice maker for my cooler, or my pina coladas! You are about right for the taxes vs rent thing. The only thing you wont gain is equity on the increased value of the lot and the improvements. But it’s a nice way to be able to enjoy your weekends and YOUR cabin! CONGRATS
    So when do you close?

John Luebker

Quote:

You could always have your brother pay for half

He tried that already if it wasn’t a 3 hour trip one way I would think about it I will just pay rent for the 1 time I get up there in a year

nick
    Lakeville, MN

What year is the trailer, and what’s the make?

bobberal
    St Cloud MN, Leech Lake

I have done it on Leech Lake for years. Your right it’s the cost of taxes on leech for most cabins. On a Friday I’m done at work at 5:00 and on the lake by 8:00 and drinking beer by the campfire by 11:00…Gotta love that.

The big plus or negative is there are alway other people that share the same interest as you around.

Thats my 2 cents.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.