Car jumps buckled road.

• trumar
    Rochester, Mn

I saw that this morning and thought “how frkn dumb can one be to NOT see that in the road”

johnlaqua
    Pool 3/Pool 4

hahahahahahaha!!!! could you imagine if they really were texting or somethin, they would have any idea, then wham! airborne… the facial expressions would be awesome!!

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

I would LOVE to see the mechanic’s report.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

“Geez, whats with the two big orange signs”

Mike Stephens
    WI.

I heard it was 2 blondes trying to cool off.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I could see it happening. Depending on the pitch of the road and what not, it could have just been one of those caution bump in the road signs. Half the time they put those up it is nothing. I sure hope that whoever marked it also had a sign before it indicating there was a buckle in the road.

stretchout
    Menomonie, WI

As someone who works in highway construction, you wouldn’t believe some of the stuff you see. PLEASE slow down, and pay attention to the signs etc.

That said, and because nobody was seriously hurt…that was really cool!

p4walleye
    Rochester, MN

I’m pretty sure I would have got down to the road if there were no previous signs and knowing it was that buckled rather than pulling out my cell and waiting. Lucky no one died- sh#t happens- what if that was someone in your family?

STEVES
    New Richmond, Wi

Probably a Brewer fan…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

I’m pretty sure I would have got down to the road if there were no previous signs and knowing it was that buckled rather than pulling out my cell and waiting. Lucky no one died- sh#t happens- what if that was someone in your family?

Can someone translate this for me?

p4walleye
    Rochester, MN

Sorry Pug, I was actually agreeing with you. I will try to interpret my own post. I guess I am just as bad as everyone else just throwing my opinion out there without knowing the entire situation. To me, it just seemed that the recorder was just waiting for it to happen, rather than calling someone ahead of time to try and prevent it. After further review of the video, it appears the recorder had no way of physically trying to help if the heave became worse rather quickly. Maybe numerous vehicles passed over it just fine, and this driver was not paying attention, but to me it seemed as if the recorder knew it was coming, and just waited. That help?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Yes, thank you. I didn’t realize you were referencing the person making the video. Now it makes sense.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

We gonna blame the poster for the driver being stupid????

You figure she should have been down there waving her arms?
    Ya, been nice, but she shouldn’t have to, there were big signs warning of this, and if the moron in the SUV had been paying attention and knew how to drive properly, none of this would have happened.

Every drivers training I’ve been to has said if in doubt, slow down.

Whew…rant off.

Al

JimmyClark
    Eagle Point Wi. USA

Odd thing is, this “buckle” was about 3 1/2 feet high in it’s center, so it was quite tall. It happened where there was a joint in the pavement, and created a perfect ramp. Just prior to this happening, there were some other vehicles that had gone over it, and pulled over to the side to check for damage. Both passengers in the suv were treated for neck and back injuries. While the signs were present at the buckled area, what the local press hasn’t mentioned was if the HWY Dept was on scene with their orange trucks, and if a flagman was there trying to stop traffic. I hope they were, cuz I can see the court case coming.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

A court case? – I’m sure they will if they are part of the sue happy crazed generation out there. To have expectaions of the HWY Dept. being omnipresent at every catastophic failure in this heat wave is unreal. We also have no clue to the rate of which this heave projected up.

In 1995 I was working in Fondulac and there was a marked bump in the road in the late morning. Passing back by the same spot about 3 hours looked like someone placed a concrete barrier in the road. The concrete piece had heaved up to about 3 or 4 feet in the air. A guy I talked to at the neighboring gas station said he saw it “just pop up”. Once they give way, they can errect pretty fast. Hard to imagine the HWY Dept. would be liable for an “act of God”

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

We gonna blame the poster for the driver being stupid????

Not sure where you got that from. And to go directly to calling the driver stupid without any facts is a bit of a reach too.

My original point was people were jumping all over the driver inspite of being there or in their shoes. I never said anything about the person recording it.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Its been a couple years since I took driver’s ed, but I do remember learning that the driver is supposed to have control of the vehicle. This heave had warning barrels or signs on each side that are clearly visible. Its not like a deer jumping onto the road from a grassy ditch. I think they should take the license away from the idiot that drove over this mess and make them take DE all over again and pass with 100%.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.