Anybody driving a Nissan Armada?

• TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Interested in feedback from any guys out there that own one.

I need 6000+ towing capacity and I don’t like surburbans, etc.

Grouse

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Would this work? Ford F650.

cat-stevens
    Rochester,MN

Although I do not own an Armada,(still can’t afford one) I see them everyday. I run the parts department at a Nissan dealership. They are really nice trucks with tons of power and towing capacity. If you have any questions, you sure can PM me and I’ll be happy to answer them.

phishirman
    Madison, WI

I don’t have an Armada, but I’ve been driving a Nissan Titan for the past few years which is (I assume) built on the same chassis. I can pass anything on the interstate while dragging a 20 foot boat behind except for a gas station. Keeping it at 65MPH saves huge dollars. Absolutely love the truck.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Quote:

Durango

Nope. Not enough power. There’s no sense in stepping up to a V8 only to get 1200 pounds more towing than I’ve already got now.

I would also say that the Durango is the worst riding SUV I’ve ever driven. Granted, this is only based on a test drive of about 15 minutes, but that’s about all my back could take of that buckboard.

Quote:

I don’t have an Armada, but I’ve been driving a Nissan Titan for the past few years which is (I assume) built on the same chassis. I can pass anything on the interstate while dragging a 20 foot boat behind except for a gas station. Keeping it at 65MPH saves huge dollars. Absolutely love the truck.

Realistically, what is your highway mileage on your Titan? I’m talking about non-towing, most of the tank spent on the highway or freeway figure here.

My current SUV is an Olds Bravada, with the straight 6. It’s rated to tow up to 6,000 with the towing package, which includes self-leveling air suspension, hi-cap cooling, and tranny cooler.

The only disappointment has been the mileage. I get 17 on the highway if I’m lucky. So for regular commuting, I average 14.x or less.

My current “big boat” is a 22 foot Wellcraft cuddy, dry it weighs about 4500 with trailer, so realistic on-road average weight is probably about 5000 on the nutskies.

The Bravada pulls it just fine, but the mileage has me got thinking that when it’s time for a new truck about next year, what the heck, why not upgrade to a v-8 powered rig? I mean, how much worse would the mileage be when I’m already getting 14 city?

Grouse

kroc0005

I have a 2004 Nissan Titan – first model year – and have had it since 2006. Unless things have changed since that initial year, which i dont think has occurred, expect poor gas mileage without a trailer. It’s an interesting ride, i have got 14-15 miles per gallon IN and OUT of 4 wheel drive – it didnt matter. I found this out by accidentally leaving in 4×4 in a snowstorm and driving 300+ miles down to iowa for work. Same exact mileage calculation as out of 4×4.

I also get the same amount towing too…so it’s curious.

regardless, it’s been quite reliable and the towing and highway passing power has been substantial. It’s defintely a quicker vehicle off the line than some silverados and f150’s i’ve driven in.

lastly, with the titan, you sacrifice towing/speed and overall killer looks with some road noise – but that’s the Titan. I know the Armada is a lot quieter with noise dampeners and personally think the Armada has a distict look over the same Yukon/Tahoe/Escalade look that GM has maintained for about 10+ years. Just my personal opinion.

Overall, i love my titan – still one of the most unique looking trucks out on the road. I think it’s a head turner because there are fewer out there than GM/Chevy/Ford and proud to not be part of the usual pack.

Good luck in your decision, i feel that any large size SUV you end up with will probably give you adequate power you desire – whichever you choose.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.