400 Fish over limit

• ggoody
    Mpls MN

Quote:

It should be 5 years mandatory, non-negotiable, no plea-bargain.

Take a deep breath guys……Breath~~~~~~~~~~`Breath….

I think the punishment fits the crime here pretty well. It’s not like he poached some Flathead catfish or Sturgeon here …

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

What Gary Said!! ^^

big_g
    Isle, MN

Who is Gary ???

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

Who is Gary ???

PierBridge

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Stupidity comes in all colors and does not descriminate.

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

in the 50s, 60s and even the 70s there was little awareness of the need to conserve our natural resources. often they were looked upon as pests (pheasants in the 50s/60s)

as we’ve educated ourselves, we’ve come to understand how delicate the bio-balance is and how quickly it can be disturbed.

some have responded and some not at all.

eventually there will be no more time for education and waiting. i don’t think we are there currently, but we are getting very close to the edge.

remember that greed comes in all colors and shapes. step gently among the daisies, folks…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Way back in the old days they seemed to keep everything. They did not care if they were big or small, they kept them all. They got bragging rights by taking pictures of the most fish on shore with the fish hanging off hooks in front of a resorts sign.

Then it seemed like size was the most important and they kept, stuffed and put the trophy fish on a wall for bragging rights.

The former was probably relatively better than the latter for the ecosystem. It meant the year classes kept a natural balance as far as percentage of the total population. Just keeping trophies means, you have a 100% chance of taking quality genes out of the pool.

Now we have digital cameras that let us share pictures of our catch, not only online, but instantly on shore or texted to our friends no matter where they are. We have instant bragging rights without needing to kill a fish.

Seems like technology has been very good for fishing and that could insure a healthy fishery in the future. I think some bodies of water still exist that are still ecologically healing after decades of ignorance to conservation practices that will insure a healthy, balanced ecology in our fisheries.

That is if the invasives and/or the aggressive and overzealous rules to try to stop their spread do not take the fun out of fishing completely.

Corey Rhymer
    Roberts, WI

Well put Pug, you are right on!

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

Back in the old days wasn’t that many years ago here in Iowa. We just made a limit on pan fish a few years ago. It always PO me when hearing guys picking up 100’s of crappie during the pre-spawn for several days in a roll. What the heck would anyone due with 500 to 600 crappies? Anyway….I feel that everything that was used to take these fish should be taken. The truck, boat, gear, his hands, feet, eyes

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Quote:

in the 50s, 60s and even the 70s there was little awareness

Those are the 60’s and 70’s I remember

I think

Anyways that was what Jerry Garcia and I used to…wait a minute I forgot what I was saying

Forget it… I’ll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon.

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.