Lake Pepin

• james
    Ankeny Iowa

Heading for Lake City and Pepin Fri. Was wondering how the bite is if any ? Any sugestions on where and how would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Jim

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Some friends have reported the very beginnings of the trolling bite out on Pepin. Low numbers yet and some what inconsistent from one day to the next. Neither Dustin or I have been down to fish it yet so I can’t give you any general locational advice beyond that typically I would look to the north end of the lake first and work back towards Pepin / Lake City as the season progresses. On the lake I’m a trolling guy I guess. Small shad raps, grappler shad or Wally Divers pretty much get it done for me this time of year.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

For what it’s worth, the dam bite picked up a bit yesterday. The water is on the rise again. It’s suppose to come up 1 foot by Friday and another foot above that by Monday. White bass are biting good, but the walleye bite did pick up considerably yesteday for some. Good Luck.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

More water is good. A heck of alot more would be better.

Steve, numbers or size? Mostly walleye? I have a couple more days of packing here before I get to jump back on the water. Fishing reports will smooth over the pain.

Thanks,

stuart
    Mn.

H20 Are you moving to Everts?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

No. (HECK no!)

I bought a house here in Rochester and will be throwing down roots. Closing is on the 30th of this months so I’ve been packing between guiding and web site stuff. Been a little hectic lately but I’m excite to make the move.

Can you say house warming party?

stuart
    Mn.

House warming open to all indepthangling.com members,spouces,friends,coworkers and anybody you can drag along??Please post time and address!lol Good luck &congrats too you

Crankbait

Yes congratulations on the new digs James!

Our house just sold so we really need to pick up the pace on finding a new home that suits us. We let our contingency go so now we have to be OUT by June 25. I hope we can find something by then! Hhhmmmm….how much room did you say you have in your new place??
    Chris

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

We looked at 27 houses to find the one we ended up going with. 4 bed. 2 bath. 1 bedroom has been dubbed the “koonce corner” so that puts us down to 3. … lol Interest rates are phenomenal right now but homes aren’t exactly flying off the market. We looked at a bunch of homes that had been listed for 45 days +. I think quite a few people are in the same boat you are in… trying to find that perfect home and have it available when you need it.

herb
    6ft under

To heck with the house warming. Just let me know when you’re gonna be gone so we can schedule the ‘shiveree’.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Hey Herb!

Shiveree? What the heck is the shiveree? Does it involve the use of an ice scratcher?

james
    Ankeny Iowa

Well we got a room in Lake City and I guess we will be heading up river to Red Wing to fish. Have to be in Stodard down river on Sun to meet Lewrance E. so we got some traveling to do along with the fishing. Thanks for the info on Pepin. Will be fishing around Stodard on Sat and Sun any info for that area. Just making a weekend out of it. Hope the weather and the bite go our way. See you all on the water somewhere. Jim

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

No info here from me on Stoddard but Koonce reports a fantastic bite below Pool 9 L & D yesterday. Handlining / 3-waying stickbaits.

james
    Ankeny Iowa

Thanks James..and congrats on the new home. Jim

herb
    6ft under

Define shiveree; let’s see, jello in the toidy, cellophane over the stool, blow up dolls under the bed covers. 4 wheelers on the roof (I have pics of that one). Change all the locks on the doors, reverse the ones on the bathroom doors.
    Get the picture? And don’t tell me you’ve never been in on anything like that Holst.

herb
    6ft under

Almost forgot to get the new address.
    Hello?????????? James?????????

james
    Ankeny Iowa

Well howdido to you Herb…. Jim

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.