Other source photos?

• stuart
    Mn.

Can anyone tell me the legality of posting photos on this or other websites that i have not personaly taken?And if I do post a photo then does it become the property of the website I posted it on.Not trying to start anything,am just wondering.

orca
    Red Wing, MN

Illegal is just a sick bird. Do anything you want.

Jira

p.s. Of course I wouldn’t worry about it unless you are trying to make money off someone else’s efforts. P

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

This is just not very wise advice.

Quote:

Illegal is just a sick bird. Do anything you want.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

A photo posted here by you or any one of our visitors does not become “our” property. We’re basically providing a service that allows you to share said photo with our viewers. That said, we could not use that photo in any other form. Meaning we couldn’t claim ownership and use it in a calendar or I couldn’t send off the pic of that 12.5 Lb walleye you posted awhile back and use it in one of my articles in Midwest Outdoors, for example.

We have had a couple instances of photos being posted by a second party that did not belong to them. They were not the original owner of the materials and when the owner contacted us with their objections to the use of the materials they were deleted immediately.

Quote:

Can anyone tell me the legality of posting photos on this or other websites that i have not personaly taken? And if I do post a photo then does it become the property of the website I posted it on.Not trying to start anything,am just wondering.

stuart
    Mn.

Thanks for the replys and links.James,you may use my photos any way you would like,calendars,articals,wanted posters ect.I like sharing them,and seeing others pics.when i cant get out this site give me a little fix.Best website by a dam site

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Well that 12.5 you posted would go nicely on wanted poster, that’s for sure! But we’ll all have to wait for next spring to find one I guess.

stuart
    Mn.

I belive your right James,its all about lenght now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.