Gator

• dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Anybody enjoy gator meat? Was in Louisiana for work this last week. We hit a out-of-the-way cajun resturaunt and had some crawfish, jamabalaya, and gumbo. Picked up some bone-in gator legs. Wife is cooking them right now… a couple hours to go. Can’t wait!

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Is that an invite? I just ate but will probably be hungry by the time I would get there.

scottie56005

I just happened to have some last weekend. Was not impressed with it at all. If fact I though it was quite boaring. Good chance it was a poor cook too

tsamp
    eldora, iowa

Cross between turtle and chicken. Spices?

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

I have had Blackened Gator and thought it was very good.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Well, just had some. The old addage “taste like chicken” is about it. Was pretty surprised. One of my co-workers had tried it before and was not impressed. My daughter was afraid to try it… she is on her 3rd leg now. Not bad. Wife cooked it in the oven with some Cromiers cajun seasoning.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Had it at the State Fair last year…long line and not worth the price, hype or wait… I could of had 4 HIGH LIFE’s instead

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Quote:

Had it at the State Fair last year…long line and not worth the price, hype or wait… I could of had 4 HIGH LIFE’s instead

Big G… pretty much echos my sentiments. It really did taste like chicken. So much so… my first though was that the $11 I spent on the package could have bought much more chicken. BUT.. never had gator before so I think it was just something that had to be done.

On a side note… if you get to Louisiana (Monroe specifically)… check out Cromiers catering. Small out of the way cajun place. had some Louisiana lobster there (crawfish). Not bad. Main course had Jambalaya. others had some Gumbo as well.

Kids got a kick out of me telling them I caught the gator. The office I was at has a Bayou right behind it… got some pics of alligators there.. and told them I caught them and this is what they were eating. LOL.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Yum! With Cromiers Cajun Seasoning…

buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

The tail meat is the best I’ve had it down south I love it cross between fish n chicken I’ve also had it at uncle bucks restraunt at bps in altoona with a hollindaise sauce I like mine deep fried light batter

Walleyeriz

Quote:

I have had Blackened Gator and thought it was very good.

Blackened on the grill…to die for!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.