Hidden Falls

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I know it has been discussed before, but I never paid attention. Do they lock the gates at Hidden Falls after 10pm?

We were fishing when at 9:40 I realized the sign says gates close at 10pm. We hastily packed up and headed in to the ramp. Anyone know if they physically close the gates? Should I call the city?

The launch is the most convenient for us, but enforced hours will make it unusable in the summer and for catfish fishing after dark.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Hey Pug, if theres a good bite is it time to go to locksmith school, Id consider it, the old saying goes is when theres a good bite you can never stop a devoted fisherman.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Dont think I wold push that closing time with st paul. St Paul would be more than happy to keep a eye on your truck for the evening in the impound lot. Not sure what time that gate gets shuts at night but it is usually still shut early in the morning. That is one ramp I can count on not being able to get into for some early fishing.

cptyack
    Rosemount, mn

I would say you should use the WaterGate marina. I believe it is 10$ to launch but I have stayed out several late nights and it takes the wory away from having to leave the bite. Also you can buy a season pass I think for around a hundo. BTW the launch is very protected from current.

-jack

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

They locked it when i lived up there. but its been 5 yrs

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Thanks guys, I think we can consider this thread closed! I had no idea Watergate allowed paid launches. That would be perfect actually. When you launch, you can keep your vehicle in the gate too? I am always concerned leaving vehicles at public launches on the river. I’ve read stories here that make me leery, especially with the kind of vehicle my nephew has. So leery in fact, that when we launched from Lyndale, I’d offer to tow it with my truck.

Yeah Mike, I was a little concerned when it popped into my head as I looked at the phone and it said 9:40. I was pretty certain what I did remember is that they are pretty strict down there, as opposed to say Lillydale.

matt-p
    White Bear Lake, MN

Yes at Watergate you can pay to launch and you do keep you car behind the gate yes.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Generally speaking they lock Hidden Falls up at around 10:30 sometimes later and they always make a drive through the Parking lot to check on things before doing so.

They don’t tow or ticket you but you are locked in for the Night!

Watergate marina during this time of year closes at 5PM once we hit the “their” main boating season they hang out until about 8pm.

Launch fees are $10 during the week and $15 on the weekends. The seasonal Launch fee is $255 which includes the code for the gate.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

If you fish there a lot 255 aint a bad price

Jaya
    Zimmerman, MN

I had a Park cop in a prius chew me out for loading up and pulling out at 10:03. He was an [censored].

I would say you should use the WaterGate marina. I believe it is 10$ to launch but I have stayed out several late nights and it takes the wory away from having to leave the bite. Also you can buy a season pass I think for around a hundo. BTW the launch is very protected from current.

Watergate marina during this time of year closes at 5PM once we hit the “their” main boating season they hang out until about 8pm.
    Launch fees are $10 during the week and $15 on the weekends. The seasonal Launch fee is $255 which includes the code for the gate.

If someone wanted to use Watergate Marina on a Sunday, do they require a season pass (and gate code)? Or, is there daytime access with a pay box, or something?

Thanks.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>cptyack wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>ggoody wrote:</div>

If someone wanted to use Watergate Marina on a Sunday, do they require a season pass (and gate code)? Or, is there daytime access with a pay box, or something?

Thanks.

I think you’re outta luck at this time of the year. It’s possible you contact them during their open business hours ahead of time to pre-pay and get a one-time code, but don’t quote me on that. There’s no pay box and they’re not staffed this time of year on Sundays at all. I used Ft. Snelling yesterday and it’s a really easy solo launch. Take all the time you need, etc. Good alternative to the mess at Hidden Falls.

Dan Baker

I don’t know about arriving when it’s closed, but I launched out of watergate on Thursday, and it was awesome. I paid inside and he let me and my buddies in diffent vehicles through the gate. The launch was great, and I appreciated having the car ins secure spot. We left at 8pm after the closed and the gate automatically opened when we approached it. I will definitely use watergate again.

Thanks for the info, I’ll drop in on a weekday.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

They do give the code out if you are very nice!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.