on board charger

• catman87
    Cannon Falls, MN

Hey guys just got a new boat and its got an on board charger and it has a plug with black and red leads coming off is that too hook for a 12 or 24 volt charger? Its a 1998 lund pro v if that helps! Thanks in advance!

BBKK
    IA

What brand/model # is the onboard charger?

It should be a box with 1, 2, 3, or 4, sets of leads coming out of it- then a regular AC plug. Each lead will either have red/black, red/yellow, or red/white ends. Each lead (1 red 1 black/yellow/white) goes to a separate battery.

Once its all hooked up, plug the AC plug (standard 3 prong) into a wall outlet or a heavy duty extension cord.

catman87
    Cannon Falls, MN

There’s a plug on the inside of the boat that has a four prong plug in and it has red and black leads coming off it! On the boat by plug it says to remove Both trolling motors!

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Quote:

There’s a plug on the inside of the boat that has a four prong plug in and it has red and black leads coming off it! On the boat by plug it says to remove Both trolling motors!

LOL! I just figured this plug out catman87 as I have the same thing on my boat after 16 fricken years, so bare with me. Got a link for ya that helped me out.

web page

This is/may be a direct plugin for your batteries for a charger.. What you maybe looking at is a fuse bank fore your trolling motor and not a charger. Hey, if this is what it is do not feel bad, It took me until lately to figure it out on my boat.
    Gotta give IDO credit on this! PM me or ask more here on your thread.

catman87
    Cannon Falls, MN

Kinda helps but is that the wrong plug I got then cuz there is no way for me too hook up an extension cord!

catman87
    Cannon Falls, MN

This is not the fuse bank cuz that’s under the console and this plug is back by the motor mounted on the sidewall! The red and black leads have a crimp on connecter at the end of it!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.