Snakes on the St. croix

• jeff_huberty
    Inactive

I took the wife for an afternoon cruise on the St. Croix today, not 20 minutes into our ride I am moving through the no-wake zone at the Kini and what to my woderous eyes do appear.

The nastiest legless devil I have ever had the pleasure to have a staredown with. 4 feet long, brown with a black diamond pattern, and a tounge that could reach out and touch you.
    So I tried to get a picture of the beast, and behold he is not camera shy
    he sarts swimming right at me, I thought the wife was going to pass out, then I realized It was me who was about to pass out, so with a startling scream from the FW; ( it may have been me ! ), I came to my senses, I dropped the camera, then I jumped into the captains chair and put the throttle down on all 300 Ponies and 61MPH later we did not stop or look back until we hit Bayport.
    I always new that some day that 300 HPDI would help us run from trouble.

I Know, I know, its only a story without pictures

We are just glad to be back home hiding under our covers!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Hmm, this is the second snake story I am seeing today. Must be that glorious day in spring when they come out and are hungry.

JasonP
    Twin Cities

too funny. I had a snake come in the boat last spring. He ended up crawling under the motor cowling and hanging out in there for a while.

Sounds like you encountered a bullsnake. jp

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Yikes
    I did not encounter any if those today. No fish either except a smallie that hit a mr twister I was throwing for crappie

chirp
    Rochester

I’m with you Jeff. Run and hide.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Quote:

I took the wife for an afternoon cruise on the St. Croix today, not 20 minutes into our ride I am moving through the no-wake zone at the Kini and what to my woderous eyes do appear.

The nastiest legless devil I have ever had the pleasure to have a staredown with. 4 feet long, brown with a black diamond pattern, and a tounge that could reach out and touch you.
    So I tried to get a picture of the beast, and behold he is not camera shy
    he sarts swimming right at me, I thought the wife was going to pass out, then I realized It was me who was about to pass out, so with a startling scream from the FW; ( it may have been me ! ), I came to my senses, I dropped the camera, then I jumped into the captains chair and put the throttle down on all 300 Ponies and 61MPH later we did not stop or look back until we hit Bayport.
    I always new that some day that 300 HPDI would help us run from trouble.

I Know, I know, its only a story without pictures

We are just glad to be back home hiding under our covers!

Don’t worry Jeff, I’m sure the warden would have heard your girlie scream. He may have given you the riot act for speeding in the no wake, but I’m sure when he saw you trembling he would have let you off.

Maybe you need to paint the cowling on that 300hp motor pink?

Rob2001
    Savage, MN

This thread is worthless with out pics of those 300 ponies you’re bragging about!

washburn
    Aitkin Mn

Shoulda trimmed up and sent him for a ride on the 300 I hate snakes!

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

I couldn’t think that fast with all thr screaming going on,

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

So that was you zipping by. I thought there was something wrong with your motor but now I know it was you screaming.
    The way stuff was flying out of the boat MR. Snaky knows where you live.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Might have got a few more MPH,if i would have remembered to raise the kicker.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Quote:

This thread is worthless with out pics of those 300 ponies you’re bragging about!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.