IWT QUALIFER #4

• trump_4
    Cedar Point, IL

On Sunday, April 1st, 32 teams participated in the 4th and final qualifier of the 2011-12 season on the Illinois River. For the second consecutive event the IWT anglers experienced a near perfect day. As well as ideal water conditions and clarity.

With the spawn in full swing, finding those big pre-spawn females becomes increasingly difficult as each day passes. However, some teams were able to find a few that have not yet spent their eggs. Again the tactics varied from pulling live bait, vertical jigging and trolling lead core. The target depth for most of the teams was 10′-12′ of water on the sand flats where the females are set up to spawn.

Congratulations to the winning team of Dave Hall and John Smith for earning the top spot. Dave and John focused on shallow sand flats the majority of the day, where they vertical jigged, “Doc’s Custom jigs” and ring worms to put together the winning basket!!! The duo weighed a six limit for 10.59 pounds, which included a 3.03 walleye, good for $1,750!

2nd place-Tom Giachetto Sr. and Tom Giachetto Jr. 10.43 $1,050 Also $500 Lund Contingency Money!
    3rd place- Mark Mazur and Brian Mazur 10.40 $800
    4th place- Ryan Vecchia and Bill Elliot 9.93 $600 Big fish 3.08 Walleye $320 !
    5th place- Glenn Daugherity and Kay Hohn 9.91 $425
    6th place- Ryan Feldott and Brandon Samolitis 9.66 $325 Also $100 gift card to Hennepin Marine!
    7th place- Gary Merkel and Jason Wrosch 9.44 $170
    8th place- Steve Sandor and Paul Durdan 9.01 Doc’s Custom jig bonus for 1st team out of the money.

I would like to thank everyone who participated and congratulations to all the top finishers! Also a big thanks to my family and sponsors who make this all possible! Without their help and assistance this would not be possible. Thank you, Hennepin Marine, Lund Boats, Mercury Marine, Doc’s Custom Jigs, Woodstock Line, Barb’s Tackle and my family!!!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.