Dewalt radio help

• Bass thumb

Well I have a dewalt dc011 radio (type 2). When I turn it on and tune to a station it sounds fine for a few min then it go to static. The station is displayed on the screen. If I try to retune the station it does nothing but static. Any Ideas? Yes i have it plugged into the wall.

reddog

I have been coerced into buying 3 different Dewalt radio/chargers,(1 analog tuner and 2 digital tuners) and I gotta tell you, they have absolutely the worst tuner possible. Unless you are working at a radio station that is broadcasting 500,000 watts, you dont hardly stand a chance of keeping a station tuned in.

Mine does work better if I stand there and hold onto the antenna, but I’m not able to get very much work done.

It is a battery charger, disquised as a radio.

I went with an XM docking station and just move my module into the house from the truck when Im working.

Rob2001
    Savage, MN

It sounds like the battery. Is it fully charged? Is it still good? I would put a different one in thats fully charged and see if it does better. I just don’t see it being the tuner at this moment with the symptoms you describe.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

It seems like radios are either have good tuners or they have sh!tty ones. There doesn’t seem to me to be any that are somewhere between.

In my shop I have an old GE clock radio. Never drifts at all, I only touch it to change stations. For a portable, I went through 3 different radios, none were worth crapola. Same problem you’re describing with the DeWalt. As far as I know, there’s no fix.

I just ordered a Sangen off of Amazon. Supposedly one of only 3 brands of radios worth owning, so we’ll see.

Grouse

buck-slayer

Dewalt has a service center on Valley Veiw Road right off 169 in Eden Praire

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.