Gas grills

• Chad Luebker
    Annandale, MN

Hello,

I am looking at getting a new gas grill. I have been researching infrared and just can’t decide if that’s a good route to go. Anyone on here own one? My biggest complaint is flare ups when grilling which is one reason I am looking at infra red. I have been a charbroil grill owner for the past 2 grills. Now they are cheaper and work ok but it seems like everything starts rusting out in the inside by year 2 or 3. Any recommendations on brands, infra red, and best place to purchase. Thanks.

Chad

big_g
    Isle, MN

Internal parts rusting/corroding is inevitable, no matter the gas grill brand. I get replacement parts here… Grill Parts

At the cabin, we use the grill my dad used, when we were growing up… in the 80’s !!! Still a favorite to use

nick
    Lakeville, MN

My stainless webber hardly ever flames up, unless you have olive oil on something, pretty much unless you do something stupid. Got it in ’04 and it has a good amount of use, and all parts are still orginal. I’d buy another in a heartbeat.

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Quote:

My stainless webber hardly ever flames up, unless you have olive oil on something, pretty much unless you do something stupid. Got it in ’04 and it has a good amount of use, and all parts are still orginal. I’d buy another in a heartbeat.

X2

brucea
    Maplewood,MN

Weber

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Weber X4.

They are worth the money. And they don’t flare up.

ET

Rob2001
    Savage, MN

X5 on the Weber! The only time I get flare-ups on mine is when the underside of the grate and the flavorizor bars are super dirty and I’m cooking something really greasy.

rlamar
    Davenport, Iowa, USA

X6 WEBER

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

X 8 and X 9 on the Weber. I have one at home and one at the cabin.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Again, it’s the Weber.

If you buy anything else, after 3 years you only be wishing you bought the Weber. That’s when the burners, ignitor, valves, and grates on the El Cheapo GrillMaster 3000 will start going belly up. Of course, it’ll happen one at a time, so you’ll be tempted to “get by” by replacing them. First the burner for $40, then the left valve. . .

Buy right and buy once.

Grouse

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.