New Boat

• wisdodge
    Janesville, WI

I looking to buy a new Tracker Proguide 16. It retails for around $10200 + prep and dis. Having never dealt with a dealer how much do I expect them to go down on this boat. Any help to save money can be used to calm the wife.
    Thanks

ducks4me
    N.E. Iowa

Not much. That price is a national price and most dealers will stick to it. But if you plan to buy a cover or want them to put a different prop on it you can usually work a deal on that stuff. Good luck and enjoy your new boat.

Ducks

wisdodge
    Janesville, WI

thanks for the input. Should I wait for a boat show. Does Tracker offer special pricing then?

ducks4me
    N.E. Iowa

Not sure which motor you are planning to go with but right now they have a motor upgrade sale. You can go from the stock 40hp to the 50hp for $400 or up to the 60hp for $1,050. They don’t have much for sales ever. Like I said, this month would be a good time if you were going to upgrade the motor and ge them to give you a good deal on the cover and the prop if you decide to get those. Good luck and good fishing!

Ducks

mojemann
    Concord, MA

I just looked at the Tracker Pro Guide. I tried talking down the tracker dealer but couldn’t get him to budge. He told me that the price was fixed pricing and he was not allowed to bargain. I was going to add an on-board charger and that was the only thing that seemed negotiable. I ended up buying a Lund for a few grand more.

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

Tracker package boats are notoriously under-powered. If you get the tracker definately go for the up-grade.Also keep in mind that they don’t hold their value as well as a Lund Or Crestliner.

wishn2bfishn
    Kansas City, MO

what model Lund did you pop for and what size motor? Sounds like you are in for some fun soon.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.