WHAT, no Gopher fans here?

• dougie
    Sobieski,Wi

Quote:

My bad forgot about D2 D3 and NAI or whatever that other league is called

My bad too. Didn’t mean to get worked up about it

adam-bartusek
    New Prague, MN

I wasn’t getting worked up but fyi the NAIA is a different league. Just like d3 and d2 are. I have friends who are being recruited for that. I thought we were just talking about division 1 basketball. In any case then they are one of 5 teams in the nation who get to end the year on a win. Still not “a lot” of teams. Very few get the chance to.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

Quote:

They still have the opportunity to be one of the two teams in the nation to end their season with a win.

There were alot of teams that won there last games. They just wern’t good enough to get in any tournaments.

Just to end this…. Dougie said there were teams that ended their sesaon with a win, but were not good enough to get in any tournaments… that is not the case. They ALL were in tournaments if they ended with a win.

dougie
    Sobieski,Wi

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

They still have the opportunity to be one of the two teams in the nation to end their season with a win.

There were alot of teams that won there last games. They just wern’t good enough to get in any tournaments.

Just to end this…. Dougie said there were teams that ended their sesaon with a win, but were not good enough to get in any tournaments… that is not the case. They ALL were in tournaments if they ended with a win.

Are there not some indepenent schools left like Marquette used to be? They didn’t play in a conference.

big_g
    Isle, MN

ok, we will stick with that

stretchout
    Menomonie, WI

Quote:

Also everyone can’t be bagging on Tubby for the program. He has risen it from the ashes honestly. Don’t you guys remember how awful the teams were before he came. Now at least we have talent. Yea, some of his gameplan decisions are poor but we all need to wait until next year to start saying he needs to leave. Next year if Mbakwe stays which he should, and no one else transfers, this team will be a serious conference contender with all of the returning players and now having experienced guards.

A serious conference contender?

Certainly stronger with Mbakwe, but I think Indiana, Michigan, Ohio State, and yes even Wisconsin might have something to say about that…

igotone

Is Brett Favre playing??

If not they loose

with or without him

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

So what did you guys think?

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

In typical Mn sports fashion, they laid down at the biggest moment.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Quote:

So what did you guys think?

I think it’s an embarrassment that they can’t make a field of 68 teams. (NCAA) The U is paying for a big time coach to run a big time program. Instead they have a coach running a DII program waiting to collect his retirement. I’m sure he had a bonus built into finishing 70th in the country. Now we can look forward to the push for a new practice facility (several million dollars) for our 70th ranked D1 basketball team.

As far as getting pounded by Stanford last night? Didn’t watch a minute of it so I really have no opinion.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

In Mens Division I Basketball there is 3 post season tournamnets

1. National Championship Tourney NCAA
    2. NIT National Ivitational Tournament
    3. CBI..College Basketball Invitational

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

Cal-

Correction – there is ONLY 1 tournament.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Will Tubby be the coach next year?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think tubby will be here, after all…

We’re number 70!!!

We’re number 70!!!

We’re number 70!!!

Brian Hoffies

Quote:

Will Tubby be the coach next year?

Does it matter? They finished 70th.

big_g
    Isle, MN

70 out of 345… not bad and that 70 is arguable…. did Mizzou belong in the field ???

Brian Hoffies

Quote:

70 out of 345… not bad and that 70 is arguable…. did Mizzou belong in the field ???

They were 23-15 including their 4-1 record in the NIT.
    They were 6-12 in the Big 10.
    Which means they were a whooping 13-2 in non-conference!
    So, you take a 13-2 record into the Big 10 where you get pounded around like the Packers of the 70’s & 80’s. Then you get back into playing the sisters of the poor in the NIT and you get to win 4 more games.

Yippee…….lets give Tubby a $250,000 bonus and give him a new contract for $2.5 mil for about 4 years.

I feel sorry for the kids. Tubby isn’t recruiting and then he isn’t coaching the kids who do stay.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

What an embarrasment to the BIG TEN I witnessed last night. An outlet pass slam dunk.. over and over.

Viewing 18 posts - 31 through 48 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.